Surgery date
    05/20/2015
    Last Activity
    06-04-2015 06:09 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Red face Let's try this again

Although I have been partnering with my lap band for about 4 years, on May 20, my band had to be removed and I elected to have gastric sleeve. While the band originally worked great and helped me to achieve a 100lb plus weight loss, over the past two years it began to fail miserably. I slowly gained 40lbs back and after discovering the band had prolapsed, I elected to pursue the gastric sleeve option.

My surgery became quite extensive because of a para esophageal hernia and massive amounts of scar tissue. After a two day stay in the hospital, I came home with a JP drAin and a couple extra incisions. After a few days at home I became unable to sit up due to extremes in in my abdomen, just above my navel that radiated into my right side. I am not a very easy patient and kept pushing thru, assuming it was the extensive surgery that was causing the pain and soreness. After contacting my surgeon, he had me come in that same day. After checking my incisions, which were virtually painless, he removed my staples. He then removed my drain tubing and although it was extremely painful, I found almost instant relief. I'm old sit up,and breath. Of course, there has continued to be some sorenss in the same area, but nothing compared to the original pain. He said that sometimes the drain tube auctions to the inner wall of your abdomen and that can cause discomfort. he was CORRECT...LOL.

So, now I am walking a lot more. The diet, both pre-op and post-op, have been relatively easy to follow. No problems drinking or swAllowing. I have found that I am once again like a little girl - in love with Popsicles !

Looking forward to making new friends along this second journey to a healthier life. :-)

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member VicVsgHopefully's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Vicky
    Surgeon
    Dr Krahn
    Last Activity
    08-25-2015 02:59 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Let's try this again

Hi, I'm glad to hear your doing well. I'm new and Havn't had my sleeve yet but hopefully soon.
    I keep trying to do the pre-op diet but I have so much trouble. Even if I could do the no carb phase I would be happy.
    I have to cook dinner everyday here it's really hard for me. I do fairly well when I'm alone during the day.
    Glad you did well. Wish u continued health.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/28/2015
    Surgeon
    Doctor Who
    Said "Thanks" 139 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 58 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 70 Times

Default Re: Let's try this again

I had the drain for a week. It didn't hurt having it removed but I sure felt better when it was gone. Enjoy those Popsicles!

First doc visit: 290
    Surgery date: 264.6

1st month loss: 15 (weight: 249.6)
    2nd month loss: 8.4 (weight: 241.2)
    3rd month loss: 9.2 (weight 232)
    4th month loss: 11 (weight 221)
    5th month loss: 10 (weight 211)
    6th month loss: 7 (weight 204)
    7th month loss: 4 (weight 200)
    8th month loss: 4 (weight 196)

5. Said thanks: