Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-18-2015 07:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: My Delightful VSG turned Nighmare

niamh- Re: My Delightful VSG turned Nighmare
    what an absolutely dear and kind person you are. I have had the snot knocked out of me here and another site as being a 'ruse' and working for another doctor, blah blah. I'm just a girl with a lifetime weight problem and I was never happier in my life as when People were telling me i was 'too thin". LOL>
    i appreciate your thoughts, suggestions and ideas. When a RESLEEVE is done it is usually to correct a botched first sleeve, which was not my case. My (lately.. to late) research has taught me that what I should have had was a mini gastric bypass.. not a resleeve on a perfectly good sleeve (Aceves). But now I cant afford it and am fighting a vicious cycle of weight gain.. depression.. more weight gain.. now ashamed to even be seen.. more depression. did i mention that I moved recently (1.5 years ago) from my long time very active, well networked home in Anchorage AK to podunk,redneck,hellbilly (typo intentional) nothing to do NorCal to tend to my parents, 88 and 94. Again I thank you and will do my best to keep a positive attitude... not much of a 'joiner'... especially in a highly conservative small narrow minded town where everyone wears NRA tee-shirts and has pit bulls in the back of their jalopy trucks. (you can see my dilemma) There is an answer... Its obviously not with Almanza... but somewhere there is help. Bless your sweet heart. ~L~

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    11/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times

alvarez rocks!! next best to the sadly passed Aceves

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times

Happy to say that these weeks of research, and endless phone calls have brought about a miracle. I have found a top notch wonderful doctor to take my case and we will be planning this over the next few weeks.
    I wont mention the name because so many of you seem paranoid and 'convinced' i am some sort of spy trying to direct traffic to another doc. not so. I simply had an awful mess with almanza. Enough said... good luck to all of you. Thanks for those of you who have shown compassion and kindness... I especially sent good luck hugs to you (my dad used to call those 'glugs') Take care. My heart is so much lighter!!

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Sleevegal2015's Avatar
    Surgery date
    04/20/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. K.
    Last Activity
    09-23-2016 03:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

I am so sorry to hear this. I know of a friend of mine that recently went to him and he is a big guy, tall and had a sleeve done. It was apparent that his BMI was a bit low to have this surgery, WELL, I was told he wanted to lose his big belly and had the surgery anyway. NOW, he has lost over 100lb in a little over a month, he looks so sickly that his friends and family are asking him is he ok. I guess that for his height and stature, he cut the man's stomach too small and there is NO WAY to get it back. My friend can not eat without throwing up, he hates food now and can only really drink his way back to some sort of healthy looking weight. He is getting sick and it has become way too much. Most MX docs want to make bellies really tight so that you do lose and become walking billboards for others to come and pay their money as well. I am so sorry that you are at this place in your life. Well I had the surgery about 2 months ago and you can see my progress.....so sad.

Gastric Sleeve Member Sleevegal2015's Avatar
    Surgery date
    04/20/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. K.
    Last Activity
    09-23-2016 03:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

NIKI....BINGO YOU SAID IT!!! Very sad to read this comments. Sad to see so many sure of themselves. I know of a person on this forum that has a nightmare story same surgeon and it's true.....he will not post a word, he is trying to stay alive. I am glad he did not, cause it would have been sad to see all of what would have been done to him here....very sad the way people make comments and continue causing harm. Many of you going to have surgery....LOL.....Talk after your surgery, to me that makes more sense and just "hope for the best".....just saying!

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sleevegal2015 View Post
    I am so sorry to hear this. I know of a friend of mine that recently went to him and he is a big guy, tall and had a sleeve done. It was apparent that his BMI was a bit low to have this surgery, WELL, I was told he wanted to lose his big belly and had the surgery anyway. NOW, he has lost over 100lb in a little over a month, he looks so sickly that his friends and family are asking him is he ok. I guess that for his height and stature, he cut the man's stomach too small and there is NO WAY to get it back. My friend can not eat without throwing up, he hates food now and can only really drink his way back to some sort of healthy looking weight. He is getting sick and it has become way too much. Most MX docs want to make bellies really tight so that you do lose and become walking billboards for others to come and pay their money as well. I am so sorry that you are at this place in your life. Well I had the surgery about 2 months ago and you can see progress.....so sad.
    HOLYCRAP I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS. People here are willing to put me over the fire spit for speaking out about Almanzo... he is a fricking HACK and these folks who defend him are either PAID or

are inexperienced and 'high' on their weight loss. THIS AINT MY FIRST RODEO BABY. Almanzo is a greedy sleeve MILL. its fine, get on the bus with this loser and defend him and collect your little pittance paychecks...;. best of luck. ALMANZO is a monster on a timeline!!

Surgery date
    11/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alejandro Lopez
    Said "Thanks" 114 Times
    Was Thanked 213 Times in 187 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 108 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sleevegal2015 View Post
    I am so sorry to hear this. I know of a friend of mine that recently went to him and he is a big guy, tall and had a sleeve done. It was apparent that his BMI was a bit low to have this surgery, WELL, I was told he wanted to lose his big belly and had the surgery anyway. NOW, he has lost over 100lb in a little over a month
    ????
    I don't know how anyone could lose that much in a month, even if they weighed 600 pounds. But his BMI was low? From what I've read, losing 80% of excess weight is expected. If someone has a condition where they can keep little down, I can see it being more. But this much more?

11. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member azladyrider's Avatar
    Name
    Sue Ashe
    Surgery date
    06/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 326 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

I have seen several people who had a resleeve done or a revision - they seemed to be happy with it.