10/06/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hidalgo
    Last Activity
    05-29-2021 10:38 AM
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times
    Was Thanked 71 Times in 38 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Anyone gone with Long Term VSG for $2999 all inclusive?

Hi,
    I would like to know if anyone had surgery with Dr. Maytorena with Long Term VSG. in TJ, Mexico? they only keep you 3 days, 1st day is operation, second day is in hospital & that night you transfer to the recovery house - then the next day you fly back out. I am drawn to the 3 day scenario, as I have a busy life here; with kids, and it's the best option to get away, get it done & then come home & heal. However I'm somewhat worried about the price of $2999 - maybe I would be sacrificing quality. Also, the aftercare is so fast, maybe there is a risk of complications. The dr does two leak tests only, one barium. He inserts a drain, but it's removed the day of travel. He only does up to 3X surgeries in a day.

Anyone have any experience with this Long Term VSG in mexico? Or even anyone with opinions on this route?

Thank you.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member SoReady4Change's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Sherry
    Surgery date
    06/04/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-07-2016 02:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 694 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone gone with Long Term VSG for $2999 all inclusive?

There was another member on here that was thinking about going. She responded to me on here with the information and it was blocked so I gave her my personal email. I went to that website and tried to find information on those doctors and I was unable to. That made me feel uncomfortable. I already have surgery with Dr. Almanza in June and don't think I will change this late in the game. I see alot of people on here that have went to him and provided their feedback.

Whatever you do just make a sound decision and do your research. I would agree that price is very good but.......... just be careful.

Surgery date
    03/10/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr.Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-29-2018 11:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,900 Times
    Blog Entries

I found some vids on youtube about them however I can not find any "long term VSG" stats on the Doc or the company.
    I would like to read more on this Dr. If anyone finds anything please share...thanks

Gastric Sleeve Member SlimmingSara's Avatar
    Surgery date
    05/08/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Arellano
    Last Activity
    10-12-2015 12:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

I leave Friday and I'm going with them. I did a lot of searching and asking questions and ultimately I feel comfortable with them. I can update you next week on how it goes. The 3 day thing was something I really liked as well. I leave Friday and I'm home Sunday evening. Especially after reading that a lot of people go shopping in Tijuana after surgery - I don't plan on going on a vacation, just there and back so I don't need an extra shopping day. I've spoken with their coordinator several times and he's been able to answer all of my questions. I really like that the day after surgery you don't go to a hotel, but you go to a renovated recovery house that has been outfitted for after surgery care, oxygen connections and on site nurse etc. I'd rather be 1 of 3 patients at a recovery house, than one of a dozen at a hotel. It's a newer clinic so you won't find a lot of information on the clinic or program, but Dr. Mayortena has been around and I found some old blog posts and commentary from him as a doctor and everything has been positive. I'm really nervous to get the sleeve and for the life commitment, but I'm not nervous at all to go with Long Term VSG. I can give you a full update next week (if I remember) I'm new to this website but if there is a way to message me next week, I'll respond and let you know how it goes. Best of luck!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    05/21/2015
    Surgeon
    Juan Corvala
    Last Activity
    11-30-2015 10:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 23 Times
    Was Thanked 83 Times in 66 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Lots of competition for surgeons under $4500. I believe the other surgeon at long term vsg, Dr Arellano has good training. A nite at a hotel is under $100 if anyone wanted to stay longer. Continue to do your research.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    11/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alejandro Lopez
    Said "Thanks" 114 Times
    Was Thanked 213 Times in 187 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 108 Times

3 days is a really compact time frame, which has pros and cons. You'd be flying back on the same post op day I left the hospital, and Raul drove my miserable retching self to the lovely Marriott. Made good use of the bucket I grabbed from the hospital - not the little kidney basin either.

I started snooping around online & came across this blog - from someone who says she works for Dr. Arellano. I'm so confused. She wrote "flat out, it is impossible to do a sleeve at those prices" ($3500 - $5000) & that the surgeons who are, are scrimping on titanium staples. Here is the link - I don't know if it will be pulled or allowed to stay on the forum. Don't mean to rain on your parade but the price point being even lower than the $3500, but it doesn't seem to add up if this writer is indeed working for Arellano. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...2xkbNvrnZbSCUg

Gastric Sleeve Member Kimsterama's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/06/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hidalgo
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times

Thanks Luann for that link. I think that sums it up & explains why they can do the surgery for so cheap. Although it's tempting being that 3 days I'm on my way home! But there just isn't enough transparency on the surgeons there. I can't find much info on either the Long Term VSG company or the surgeon & their web site & method of cash collection are quite out of date. I was hoping I could find more information for them. Both the tourism company & the surgeons.

Gastric Sleeve Member Kimsterama's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/06/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hidalgo
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times

Slimmingsara - good luck with your surgery on Friday, I am looking forward to hearing how you made out & what it was like going with them. I have still not ruled them out! Happy vibes going your way for Friday's surgery!!

Gastric Sleeve Member SlimmingSara's Avatar
    Surgery date
    05/08/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Arellano
    Last Activity
    10-12-2015 12:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

Thank you for the blog info. I did check it out and the post where she talks about working for Dr Arellano was from February and this clinic opened around 3 months ago so it's possible she worked with him at a different clinic. That actually makes sense to me because I found some old testimonials (2011-2012) of people that went with Dr Arellano and paid $7,000. According to her blog people paying under $5,000 aren't getting the proper procedure and probably won't be successful in the long run. I think a lot of people on this forum would disagree, but we're all allowed our opinions. I do like DR Arellano's qualifications above everyone else I've researched and I have to believe that he wouldn't allow himself to be associated with a clinic that provides substandard procedures given his professional qualifications. I'll be sure to ask about the staples and how many are used. I leave the day after tomorrow and I'm very excited (and nervous). Thanks for the good vibes.

Name
    Jennifer
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-07-2016 05:05 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 81 Times in 48 Posts

I don't think Arellano works at that clinic he is listed as being somewhere else at a higher cost

Surgery date
    11/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alejandro Lopez
    Said "Thanks" 114 Times
    Was Thanked 213 Times in 187 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 108 Times

Thank you for taking that so graciously Kimsterana. You and Sara both! I figure I would want to know all the stuff I can learn about a possible surgeon before I make the plunge, rather than afterwards.
    I don't know if the blog was something she wrote years back & just updated it recently? Anyhow I am not sure how they can sustain doing the sleeves for so little, especially given the 3 a day limit. But that surgeon does seem to have excellent qualifications - this is a puzzle to me.

This one site lists both surgeons as being in the company. But I know affiliations can change, & sometimes the promo price is only for a specific surgeon. That may be the case here. https://plus.google.com/100081575576354178042/posts

Gastric Sleeve Member newslim2015's Avatar
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jesus M. Lopez
    Last Activity
    02-04-2016 05:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 14 Times
    Was Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

It is a tempting price, but like you said.. PRICE VS QUALITY, if you can pay extra money and buy EXPERIENCE, QUALITY, HUMAN TOUCH AND RELIABILITY... you should do it, I also had an all inclusive price.. $3,899, transportation, medical and surgical fees, recovery home up to 2 days, my brother stayed there while I was in the hospital... Bariatric pal made all the arrangement, I even did Skype with my surgeon before surgery, even though I had visited him already, my surgeon was DR. LOPEZ.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/18/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ary Zarate
    Last Activity
    10-21-2016 08:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has recently had sleeve surgery at Long term vsg? My sister and I are thinking of going and was wanting to get a little feedback.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ary
    Last Activity
    08-21-2016 10:55 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries

I did. I just got back last night. What can I help you with?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/18/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ary Zarate
    Last Activity
    10-21-2016 08:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for responding Annabel. I was just wondering about the experience and how your surgery went. Im hoping to get down there October 18.