Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-13-2015 08:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Red face Do your research

To those of you considering this surgery,
    Please do your homework. This surgery is not for everyone. If you tend to be sick a lot, the person things always happen to... etc...
    My surgery went well. I know of 8 other people who have had this surgery... Two have had difficulties; one has trouble swallowing. The other has been in the hospital from the instant she got off the airplane and has not been able to go home after 3 weeks in the hospital. She will hopefully be sent home tomorrow with a feeding tube going down her nose to her small intestine while her stomach heals after 3 additional surgeries to repair damage to her stomach and infection.
    I am happy with my surgery. I am extremely healthy and active. Most of the people I know who come out of this who are active do not have problems. It appears to be people who are not very active.
    I just ask you think about this decision. It is a life changer anyway you look at it. Good Luck!
    Namaste

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/21/2015
    Surgeon
    Juan Corvala
    Last Activity
    11-30-2015 10:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 23 Times
    Was Thanked 83 Times in 66 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Do your research

I guess complications are a fact and can happen to anyone. I guess when you mean research, you are referring,to who are good candidates for surgery and selecting a surgeon. The thought of these complications is scary. People need to know what they are getting into.

Gastric Sleeve Member Kodi's Mom's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kathleen
    Surgery date
    04/01/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Liao
    Last Activity
    10-25-2017 06:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 89 Times
    Was Thanked 152 Times in 119 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 165 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do your research

I was in too much pain before the surgery to be active. My surgery was textbook---no complications during or after. I was actually discharged from the hospital a day early because I was doing so well. I am now more active. If I had not had the surgery I was headed toward life in a wheel chair because of weight and weight related diseases. I am so grateful for this surgery and my second lease on life.

Anyone can have complications from any type of surgery--activity or no activity level.