Surgeon
    Dr. Hien T. Nguyen
    Last Activity
    02-28-2017 06:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Greetings from Maryland!!

I just signed up and want to introduce myself. I'm 49 and fat! My heaviest weight was 325...down to 305 now since I've just finished the 6 month weight loss program required by insurance. I am in the bariatric program at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. Now it's that nail biting time waiting on insurance approval! I live in Salisbury, MD with my hubby, 2 teenagers & 2 Shih-poos. We all LOVE to eat! But guess what? I'm the only one with the weight problem! I've struggled my whole life with the problem. Now I'm starting to get cold feet...am I really making the right decision? Will my family relationships change? Can I really sip, sip, sip all day long? OMG...just shoot me now! Any help, comments or suggestions are most welcome! Thanks

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member feb20sleeve's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/18/2015
    Surgeon
    almanza
    Last Activity
    02-13-2019 09:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Greetings from Maryland!!

It is a very personal decision but I can tell you I am very happy I did it. The surgery itself and first couple of weeks are no fun but when I consider how much money and time I wasted on fad diets and also legit diets where I felt like I was suffering with so much hunger my only wish is I had done it sooner (I am 46).

Got sleeved by Almanza in Mexico on 2/18, went back to work in 6 days. Gradually I am now eating "normal" but healthier. Have eaten at restaurants many times and focused on protein and enjoyed it just as much as before only I eat waaaay less. Which doesn't bother me at all. Miss cup of coffee after dinner because of not drinking with your meals though.

Started at 218 preop, now 191. Struggled at first with getting fluids like you mentioned and with energy levels but now almost totally back to normal. It was so worth it.

4. Said thanks: