Name
    CarisaS
    Last Activity
    06-07-2012 05:25 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default 3 weeks post op and left side pain

Hi all, i had surgery on 8/26/11 at 8am and was in the hospital for 4 days- it has been quite a journey the last 3 weeks, I am having lower-middle left pain its almost like a knife stabbing sharp and dull. My stomach has sagging skin from my starting weight being 501pounds with my previous surgery and now having a gastrectomy at 261 pounds 3 weeks ago with the rapid weight loss the skin is getting worse. My question I have to almost hold my stomach up and kinda carry it when im not wearing a girttle to avoid this major pain. Then sometimes it happens while even having the girrtle on. Without the girttle i can barely walk at a regular pace at all due tot he pain. Is this stomach muscle pain or still pain from healing up. I know it was major surgery as I also had to have a fistual repair from a previous gastric bypass so I actually had 2 procedures not 1 and my dr. keeps saying the pain is normal and should go away around 7-8 weeks as both my stomach and the fistual repair has to heal (the repair is where he took out part of the 2nd stomach as well from the original gastric bypass) so I had both stomach cut and both have staples. He keeps saying oh you had major surgery not a minor procedure and i understand that. I know it should be painful just want to make sure Im on the right track. I make myself walk 4-5 times a day about 15 minutes each but im very anxious for this to go away. Sleeping is very uncomftorable still and the tylenol does no good and im not interested in any other pain meds just for this to go away. Any suggestions. thanks

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Grace
    Surgery date
    08/22/2011
    Surgeon
    Portsmouth Regional Hosp
    Said "Thanks" 919 Times
    Was Thanked 1,296 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,008 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 3 weeks post op and left side pain

I think it's simply physics. The lower belly pulls at the rest of the area. I'm wearing cacique spandex panties 24/7 to help hold it up, a sleep bra and a belly binder (loosely) when I'm awake. I'm told it will take weeks but I'm not having a problem with wearing light control underwear all the time if it helps me move and feel better. I'm so sorry you had such a hard time of it, but I think the shapewear will be a fact of life for a long time. In Florida I'll bet that's no fun but at least we are headed for cooler weather.... hang in there. Are you sleeping sitting up? It helps, also heat packs on your back seem to soothe the entire area...
    Best NSV - fitting on a kid's amusement park ride with my 4 yr old grandson!
    CFIDS =Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Also dx with post-bariatric reactive hypoglycemia; and chronic gastritis (both sleeve complications). Permanently disabled.
    Start weight 335, down to 218, up during gastritis. Have accepted there is no way to lose it with my hypoglycemia. Current weight 260. Currently doing 10 day sleeve reset and determined to get back down to my post surgical weight or close to it.

Gastric Sleeve Member Carisa Blanche Sanders's Avatar
    Name
    CarisaS
    Last Activity
    06-07-2012 05:25 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: 3 weeks post op and left side pain

Thanks i just went and put on one a little while ago. problem is i have pain just when you touch the left side- no apearane of infection in the healing incission sites but the pain goes right through to my back and the last 3 days i have taken 3 steps back and i expected them to be forward, called the dr or rather they catually called to check on me right after i posted this i have an apt with the surgeon at 8:45 am tomorrow.

Name
    Connie
    Surgery date
    08/18/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-19-2016 11:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 746 Times
    Was Thanked 355 Times in 317 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 325 Times