11/11/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-27-2015 08:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 407 Times in 175 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 42 Times

Default Re: After losing weight, did you look older or younger?

I lost 100 lbs and reached my goal many months ago. As I was losing, my face looked very thin, drawn, and sunken, but it was really just such a shock to see it like this after so many years that at first I thought I did look older. When I look back at pictures, I definitely looked older before. In fact, someone was shocked the other day when I told them my age. They thought I was 10 years younger than I am (47). Up close, either before or after, of course the lines are there. We just got back from a holiday, and the pics I posted on FB-our own son was saying how young we looked! haha(My husband looks a lot younger than his 52 years). As for sagging skin in other areas, my upper thighs have some but I don't wear anything real short (even my bathing suit has a skirt so it covers), my arms are pretty good except if they are kind of held up against myself, then they are a bit crepe-y (if they are slightly away from my side and even held up, the skin is decent and no bat wings, thankfully). My tummy is the worst of course-still have an apron that hangs down. In clothes, I look great. Not so much naked! Also, boobs are a bit deflated! I am giving my body a year from reaching my goal weight(May) to let the skin adjust as much as it likely will. Don't think that is going to solve all my problems though! I just spoke with Medical tourism regarding the mommy makeover-breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and lipo in 1 or 2 areas. Cost is $6000 excluding flights of course. I would have it done at Jerusalem Hosp in Tijuana (same as sleeve). I had great care and no issues. However, I am doing all the research I can and educating myself well before I jump into it. I understand it is approx. 1 week of being at the hosp and recovery house before you come home, if all goes well. I am concerned about the pain level afterwards! I am also wondering about the implants, what kind are best, do they last forever, do they need to be done again later, etc. I want to know all I can to make an informed decision.
    I don't believe exercise is going to do a whole lot for the skin problem. It will contour the body nicely to help fill it better, but the skin is a different matter. I believe lots of water (as much as we can get into our tiny stomachs), healthy foods, dry brushing and good moisturizing is the most we can do and hope that some of the elasticity is still in our old bodies!!! (Age and how long it was stretched that much are big factors). After that, the decision to cut or not to cut is up to each one of us. I am leaning very far towards yes.
    We are our own worst critics. I would take all the loose skin in the world over the fat that was filling all of it up before!!!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Rainbow
    Surgery date
    07/23/2009
    Surgeon
    Dr Zapata
    Last Activity
    07-28-2019 05:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 73 Times
    Was Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 75 Times
    Blog Entries

Well You can look at my before and after pictures if ya want to! I always have looked younger than my age, but after loosing 135 lbs i have noticed a few more wrinkles and a little bit of loose skin in my arms and legs, but it has been tightening up more and more over time. For the most part friends and family all say i look even younger now. Strangers put my age RIDICULOUSLY low! The most important thing to note however is how much younger i FEEL! I had osteoarthritis in both my feet and ankles and was painfully hobbling like an old woman. Now that the weight is off my feet no longer hurt and i have so much energy! As i walk down the street i feel like i could float away and sometimes i just feel like skipping! Funny story: The grocery clerk called the manager over to check my ID b cause she thought it might be stolen because she did not believe the age! Thank goodness i had extra ID on me!
    Love Rainbow

Gastric Sleeve Member ranchersdaughter's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-11-2012 09:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 229 Times
    Was Thanked 193 Times in 98 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 251 Times

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerGalTX View Post
    At 45 pounds lost, I'm noticing some fine lines around my dimples and my "think crease" between my eyebrows is getting more pronounced.

I can't say I'm thrilled about this but plan to look into some treatments for this.

I clean my skin with witch hazel (supposedly tightens / reduces puffyness under eyes) and then use St. Ives Collagen / Elastic Moisturizer. I just started doing this regimen day and night a week ago and will let you all know how it goes and also considering adding some Mychelle anti-aging serums.

Although I want to do this w/out all of the help with dermatologists or even a plastic surgeon (botox), I have a feeling I might need to go that route if things don't improve and the lines get more pronounced.

Has anyone used FROWNIES and if so, what did you think?
    Amazon.com: frownies
    I used Frownies, and they work with consistent use, but I found that using scotch tape at night, works just as well and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!!