Surgeon
    Cameron Hodges
    Last Activity
    01-01-2019 07:50 PM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Just Curious

How much weight did you loose after your tummy tuck from the excess skin? I know it will be different for everyone, but like I said just curious. I am 21 pounds from my goal and getting excited

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Terrie
    Surgery date
    09/24/2014
    Surgeon
    Quinones
    Last Activity
    04-02-2019 09:00 AM
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 110 Times in 87 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

Default Re: Just Curious

Hi
    It will probably be abput 5 lbs? Just guessing. Years ago I had liposuction to abdomen, thighs, hips, saddle bags, upper arms. I lost 5lbs.
    A lady I knew who was over 300lbs. She had her leg amputated about mid thigh and she only lost 20lbs!!
    So try not to have too high of expectations for weight loss from surgery and focus on how fabulous you are going to look.

Also, I don't know how much skin you have or where but a lady I met online after 100lb weight loss was seeing a surgeon about a tummy tuck. Since she had loose skin everywhere he suggested a total body lift. Maybe you want to consider that if you have loose skin all over?

All the best

Name
    Diana Walker
    Surgery date
    11/17/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-01-2017 11:45 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Autumn, I'm 1 month out from having my "inverted "T" tummy tuck. I was 5 lbs. from my goal weight but had been stabilized at that weight for at least 6 months so decided that was where my body wanted to be. I jokingly told the plastic surgeon he had to take at least 5 lbs. of skin off so that I would hit my goal weight. I was sooo curious I couldn't stand it so even with the swelling, drains, and compression belt I weighed myself 3 days after the surgery and lo and behold I'd "lost" 6 lbs.!!! I was ecstatic. My weight has gone up and down since then by a lb. every few days but I'm confidant it will settle right where I want it to be! My surgeon said not to worry or even think about it until I'm at least 3 months out! Just remember it all depends on how much excess skin you actually have (I had quite a bit). It blows me away now to compare the pictures I took the night before surgery and looking in the mirror now with my new flat abdomen! It brings tears to my eyes to see how far I have come from the fat lady I was to the svelte lady I'm becoming! Keep doing the things you know you are supposed to do to help your sleeve and keep looking forward to that goal!
    ChaiDi

Surgery date
    10/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    04-18-2015 09:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 46 Times
    Was Thanked 419 Times in 405 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,435 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChaiDi View Post
    Autumn, I'm 1 month out from having my "inverted "T" tummy tuck. I was 5 lbs. from my goal weight but had been stabilized at that weight for at least 6 months so decided that was where my body wanted to be. I jokingly told the plastic surgeon he had to take at least 5 lbs. of skin off so that I would hit my goal weight. I was sooo curious I couldn't stand it so even with the swelling, drains, and compression belt I weighed myself 3 days after the surgery and lo and behold I'd "lost" 6 lbs.!!! I was ecstatic. My weight has gone up and down since then by a lb. every few days but I'm confidant it will settle right where I want it to be! My surgeon said not to worry or even think about it until I'm at least 3 months out! Just remember it all depends on how much excess skin you actually have (I had quite a bit). It blows me away now to compare the pictures I took the night before surgery and looking in the mirror now with my new flat abdomen! It brings tears to my eyes to see how far I have come from the fat lady I was to the svelte lady I'm becoming! Keep doing the things you know you are supposed to do to help your sleeve and keep looking forward to that goal!
    ChaiDi, who did your plastics?

Name
    Diana Walker
    Surgery date
    11/17/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Autumn, I researched lots of Mexico plastic surgeons thinking I would go back there for it since that's where I had my sleeve done, but then I "discovered" Dr. Steven Constantine in Salt Lake City. His online testimonials made it sound like he could walk on water so I called and scheduled a "free" consultation. He literally spent 2 full hours with me and my husband, showed lots of pictures of work he's done, examined me and made recommendations, then gave me a cost break down. I was flabbergasted because his prices weren't that much more than Mexico when you include airfare and hotel and meals, etc. We spent many hours deciding what to do and then scheduled yet another "free" 2 hour consultation with him a month later to get answers to some additional questions. He even gave me contact info for 2 of his real patients and I was able to call them and spent a long time hearing about their experiences. To make a long story short...we decided to move forward and I am soooo glad I chose him. I love his staff, he has his own surgical suite right in his office and he is really a wonderful and caring doctor and an absolute perfectionist in his work. I have already made plans for April 9th for a breast lift and augmentation and then probably in May I'm going to have my "bat wings" done. Utah isn't all that far from Oregon...I'd love to recommend him to you and would even accompany you to your appointments if you should decide to come for a consultation. ChaiDi
    ChaiDi

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member emotions_of_love's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Alamaza
    Last Activity
    01-18-2017 11:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

I live in central Washington and was in Las Vegas in early December. I scheduled a free consult with a plastics doc there. I was dumbfounded at the price!! I know prices all depend on the person and can have a wide range, but do you mind telling us what you paid for his work?

Name
    Diana Walker
    Surgery date
    11/17/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Hi, I would love to share my experience with you and answer all your questions. Would you like to call me? 801-244-2632 We paid $9000 for an inverted "T" tummy tuck, but it was $7000 when I was researching Mexico Dr.'s and of course that didn't include air fare, hotel, food, etc. and I read several not so good experiences with really crooked scars, etc. Dr. Constantine is soooo good and we figured it was well worth the price to have an excellent outcome. Look forward to hearing from you! Diana
    ChaiDi