Surgeon
    Dr. Kent
    Last Activity
    12-23-2014 10:41 AM
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default just another down day i guess :(

Well its been 5 weeks since surgery and I think I just had expectations that were just way to high because I weighed yesterday and I have only lost 28 lbs since day of surgery. I know that I couldn't have done it without the surgery but in a world run on instant gratification I was really hoping for more I'm blessed to be having an easy time with the recovery and everything don't get me wrong and I feel like I have been handling my head hungery a lot better then I thought I would but I'm having a really hard time reminding myself that I didn't gain all this weight in a month and I'm not going to lose it all in a month. I think what is really bothering me is I have a VERY important event coming up in mid to late Feb / early march and I REALLY want a noiticable amount of weight gone by then and I'm scared it won't be . I'm hopefully going to finally get to start the gym within the next 2 weeks and I hope that will help kick my loss in high gear but I don't know. I guess I'm just stressing .... Any ideas on what I can do will be GREATLY appreciated ....

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member trimslimnow's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/24/2015
    Surgeon
    Fredrick Tiesenga
    Last Activity
    05-19-2015 03:14 AM
    Said "Thanks" 78 Times
    Was Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times

Default Re: just another down day i guess :(

You are different then others and your weight is coming off slower. Stop being hard on yourself and stay focused, determined and mindful. Change is coming, just watch and see. Your going to love the new you!

Gastric Sleeve Member thinmeskreamin's Avatar
    Surgery date
    02/06/2014
    Surgeon
    dr Alejandro Lopez
    Last Activity
    02-19-2015 10:56 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 31 Times

I found I loose weight the same as if id not had the surgery but could have restricted myself to the same amounts. I lost a whopping 12 lbs the first month, including the 3rd week stall. I wasn't doing anything wrong. I'd lost another 18 lbs with the preop diet and needed time for the body to catch up. Just stay to what your doctor and nutritionist tell you and it will come off. Be patient it didn't happen over night and it's impossible to come off
    over night. No journey is the same.

Name
    Janice
    Surgery date
    09/24/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Boorse
    Last Activity
    01-14-2021 06:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 135 Times
    Was Thanked 199 Times in 117 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 113 Times

You just lost 5 lbs a week for 5 straight weeks. In the dieting world that would have been impossible. Keep working the plan and the weight will continue to come off. If you continue loosing at that rate you will have lost 100 lbs in less than 5 months. That is incredible!! You are doing great, keep us the good work!

Gastric Sleeve Member hotmomaNtraining's Avatar
    Name
    Cindy
    Surgery date
    11/05/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kent
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times

Thanks y'all

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Terrie
    Surgery date
    09/24/2014
    Surgeon
    Quinones
    Last Activity
    04-02-2019 09:00 AM
    Said "Thanks" 26 Times
    Was Thanked 110 Times in 87 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

I have lost 35lbs in ELEVEN weeks and I am very happy. It has slowed down the last few weeks but it is coming off.
    I do not know where you got the idea that 28lb in 5 weeks is something to be down about,,but once you get realistic you will be less down.
    You may even stall for a couple of weeks to give your body a chance to adjust. The weight loss is crazy fast and it will not last forever.
    Adjust your expectations (as you said your expectations were too high) and you will be happier.

Surgery date
    09/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Mr Chris Sutton
    Last Activity
    11-10-2015 06:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 748 Times in 671 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 482 Times
    Blog Entries

I felt similarly about a couple of events - hoping to be at a particular magic figure, but actually not achieving that in either case.

I survived! I reminded myself I'd been walking around in the world obese for some time, and I was absolutely acceptable at any weight. Sure it would be nice to have reached goal sooner - but I didn't and it was what it was.

People who care about you and love you will value you regardless of your weight. You are valuable and worthwhile regardless of your weight. Looking nice is a peripheral positive of this journey - your health is what really matters. You're not doing this in order to become a worthwhile person - you're doing it because you already are.

Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

Cindy, you're doing really great. You can be so proud of yourself for having this surgery and achieving such great results so far. I know you're going to be one of the biggest success stories here.

You're right -- it's not overnight. It took me 14 months from my intro lecture before I could have my surgery. That was a LONG time.

Please enjoy every moment along the way to learn more about yourself and to build a newer, stronger relationship with food, exercise, movement, life and YOURSELF.

So much about this journey is learning to forgive, support, respect and love ourselves. What a miraculous gift this trip is.

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

Gastric Sleeve Member readytochangemylife's Avatar
    Name
    Margaret
    Surgery date
    10/24/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Richards, Mobile AL
    Last Activity
    10-25-2016 03:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times
    Was Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2 View Post
    Cindy, you're doing really great. You can be so proud of yourself for having this surgery and achieving such great results so far. I know you're going to be one of the biggest success stories here.

You're right -- it's not overnight. It took me 14 months from my intro lecture before I could have my surgery. That was a LONG time.

Please enjoy every moment along the way to learn more about yourself and to build a newer, stronger relationship with food, exercise, movement, life and YOURSELF.

So much about this journey is learning to forgive, support, respect and love ourselves. What a miraculous gift this trip is.
    Ann, thank you. This is so true.

Gastric Sleeve Member idigfrstbase's Avatar
    Name
    Elizabeth
    Surgery date
    03/12/2014
    Surgeon
    O\'Malley
    Last Activity
    03-18-2018 09:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 40 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 89 Times
    Blog Entries

The thing with having weight loss surgery, it is constantly on your mind because you went through a major operation to change your life. This is the problem, we become so obsessed with what we are doing wrong, are we successful, are we like the "others". Find a way to get busy. Walk everyday, exercise will be great to keep things moving and get your muscles stronger. I still feel like things are so slow even though I would be very happy to be at this weight. The surgery is still in my head as if it happened yesterday, but the entire process seems like it took place years ago! Does that make sense? probably not. I had lots of active friends who encouraged me to work out. It is put into my daily routine just as much as showering, dressing and planning meals. Good luck to you and look at a pound of meat in the grocery store to see visually what you have lost or find something that weighs 28 lbs and carry it around for a while. You will see how significant what you have lost is!

Name
    Penny
    Surgery date
    12/27/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Keith Boone
    Last Activity
    02-29-2016 07:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 31 Times
    Blog Entries

I am sorry you are feeling disappointed at this time. Most of us have been worried about not losing, the sleeve not working, or not losing as fast as we thought we should. You aren't alone in your feelings. I also think that most of us have had many down periods...This, for me, has been more mentally/emotional challenging than even the weight loss. Hang in there - The best really is yet to be <3

Gastric Sleeve Member hotmomaNtraining's Avatar
    Name
    Cindy
    Surgery date
    11/05/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kent
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times

Thanks u guys... This is one of the million reasons why I love this forum, i know this journey is going to be so worth it when I'm around to watch my kids finish high school or have babies of their own. I guess I was just having a poor pitiful me kinda day yesterday but thanks to all of you reminding me of the real reason I did this I'm a lot better today . ....... I love u guys