Surgeon
    Dr. Mehta
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 560 Times
    Was Thanked 365 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Biotin: unwanted hair growth and how to get rid of it?

Well, I bit the bullet and got my cheeks/jaw waxed again on Sunday. While I was in there torturing myself, I talked to her about waxing/shaving/laser. I mentioned what I'd read about increased blood flow when waxed and that it can make it worse. She said over time it will become softer and you won't have to wax as much. Hmmm. Then how do they have so much business? M'kay.
    So, then we talked about shaving. She agreed that since you're not getting the hair at the root, the hair grows out and is more coarse and can cause others to seem worse because they are growing out at a thicker part of the shaft as well. So, it doesn't make it worse, correct. It makes it seem worse. Then, I said "Well, I am just going to have laser treatment and be done with it!" and she said NO NO NO! She said because I have blonde hairs, laser hair removal probably wouldn't work and could likely make it worse. And, she said they tell you to shave it while they are doing the treatments. So my hopes were dashed completely. Waxing makes my face breakout, threading isn't much better but hurts less, shaving makes it "appear" worse, and laser removal will either not work or make it worse. So I guess I get to be a caveman.
    With regard to my waxing experience - this time it was different. Still hurt. I told her about my horrible break out and she said to put hydrocotrizone cream on the waxed area. So she did. And it didn't hurt and itch as bad. And it didn't break out as bad. I did get a notable amount of tiny whiteheads here and there, but they were toward my jawline and didn't turn into huge red bumps like I had before. I had red spots that have mostly faded, but they didn't hurt and weren't raised. I have left the tiny whiteheads alone (this has been next to impossible because I can't ever leave a bump alone!!), hidden in my hair, and continued with the hydrocortizone cream. I also didn't wear base makeup or blush on the waxed part of my face Sunday or Monday and very light yesterday. For 24-48 hours afterward, you have to be very careful because your pores are open. She said no moisturizer because it clogs the pores. You can't do anything that will make you sweat. You can't get in the sun or tanning bed. You can't wash your face with super hot water. Acne treatments make it worse. She said use dove only with tepid water. She said nothing on the face (for me) but the hydrocortizone cream for 24-48 hours. After hearing all of this, I realized I did EVERY SINGLE THING I wasn't supposed to when I first had my face waxed. Last time, when I got home I put sunscreen on my face and went to the pool to lay out for a few hours which made me sweat like crazy, I put on moisturizer, I did an acne facial mask hoping that would clear it up, I worked out, I wore makeup within hours of getting waxed, picked at all the bumps... Like I said - everything you're not supposed to do.
    So, I'm on day 4, my face doesn't look like a pepperoni pizza, and the bumps are clearing up on their own. I'm only wearing very light makeup but I feel confident it will all look ok in a day or two. Not a great experience, but certainly not as horrible as last time. So I guess as I keep doing this, it will get better.
    @annade - I tried electrolysis once on my chin but it hurt and seemed like it was going to take forever. How long did it take you to get results??

You don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be better.

Revision stats:
    3/2/20 Pre-op: 197.5

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member CherokeeGirl's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/06/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Andrew Aldreidge
    Last Activity
    02-13-2019 07:20 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

My hair chin was out of control to start with LOL...I pull them with tweezers....but at least you know it's working

Star weight when first saw surgeon --245
    start weight beginning pre-op diet----233
    Start weight day of surgery-------------220

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Anna
    Surgery date
    09/15/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr. Tishler
    Last Activity
    04-28-2018 10:39 AM
    Said "Thanks" 41 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 106 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jessiejess View Post
    @annade - I tried electrolysis once on my chin but it hurt and seemed like it was going to take forever. How long did it take you to get results??
    Well I did some long sessions in the beginning and committed to not wax, thread or tweeze anymore, only shave. I know it's upsetting to shave, but once I started electrolysis, I needed to shave less and less. Then, after a few sessions, my skin began to improve dramatically, and that never happened with waxing for me. Wow, my skin was a mess after each time waxing. I started out with electrolysis about once a week for a month. Then, it slowed down to once a month and very light and sparse. Then, about once every two months. In one year, I was completely done and hair-free. I know that sounds long, but it became less and less often that I had to go to appointments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12