Dr. Alley
    Last Activity
    11-12-2014 10:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Question Not sure about when to expect surgery

Hello,

I have attended the seminar, met with the bariatric director who is also the nutrionist and met with the physical therapist for exercise and toning. I have had a sleep apnea test and started the cpap a week ago. I was told I did not have to attend the monthly surgery meeting this month and they set me up to see the surgeron december 16th. Is this the date they will set me up for a surgery? How would I find this out if no one knows the answer? I am confused as to where I am at and I believe I have met the requirements aside from seeing a therapist for couseling? I also attended a group meeting with others for support. I have bluecross insurance and have seen the director/nutritionist and the workout person both 3 times now....am doing really well they have me on 1200 cal a day with 30 g protein per meal and two small snacks, I use the myfitnesspal app to keep track of calories. I lost 12.5lbs last month too and she said 11 of it was all body fat yay! Just excited to do this so I can get healthy have my spine surgery to fix it, will be my 4th one and hope that the degeneration slows down as recommended by my neurosurgeon. Any help would be great.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member rntwinsmommy's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lori
    Surgery date
    10/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Christopher You
    Last Activity
    07-10-2015 01:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 14 Times

Default Re: Not sure about when to expect surgery

I took an informative seminar prior to seeing the surgeon or starting my 6 month nutrition classes. During this seminar, they gave us a folder of info including generally what was required by some insurances in order to be covered for surgery. They ultimately instructed us to call our insurance company ourselves and find out if the procedure was covered and what requirements were needed in order to get insurance approval. If your in doubt about what your need, call your insurance co yourself. That's what they are there for and then you can check off your requirements as you complete them. Good luck!

Start of education classes (4/14)- 269
    Start of pre op diet 254 -15
    Day of surgery 241 -28
    2 weeks post 233 -36
    1 month post 224 -45
    2 months post 211 -58
    3 months post. 201 -68
    4 months post 194 -75