Surgeon
    Dr. John Schram
    Last Activity
    12-01-2014 06:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Smile My weight loss Journey

Hi all, I had VSG on October 7, 2014. I had no idea when I went to the doctor initially that I would be having the surgery so soon. I knew I was overweight, just didn't realize it was so bad...not that I didn't know how much I weighed, just didn't see it as so bad when I looked in the mirror. Needless to say at this point in time I feel it was the best decision I ever made. It was scary at first, and I will admit about 2 weeks after surgery I wished I could go back and not do it, but I am getting used to it. I, like so many others, have problems getting all of my fluids in. I am pretty good about the protein, averaging around 65 grams a day, but those fluids are going to kill me. I find that even if I stop drinking 15 minutes before I eat I still have a hard time eating and will throw up sometimes. I am still learning how big of a bite to eat, how often to take a bite and how to tell if my stomach is actually full or not. I still get hunger pains, which kind of sucks because they seem to hit in the middle of the night.
    All in all I feel that this surgery is going to give me my life back, even after losing 35 pounds so far, my knees and feet don't hurt as bad as the did before the surgery. I know in my heart that this was the right thing to do and I am willing to work at being successful losing the weight.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Rainbow
    Surgery date
    07/23/2009
    Surgeon
    Dr Zapata
    Last Activity
    07-28-2019 05:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 73 Times
    Was Thanked 195 Times in 128 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 75 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My weight loss Journey

So happy for you Honeybear! The first year is the hardest but once the weight is gone and the Obesity issues resolve in so many ways you will thank yourself over and over! It's sort of like riding a bike, learning is kinda scary, but once you get the hang of it, Becomes easier, And Riding Becomes More enjoyable, you can start to look around and find a whole new world! Take care, love Rainbow

Gastric Sleeve Member Adrianna90610's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Ali
    Last Activity
    01-08-2015 12:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times
    Blog Entries