Dr. Fedorka
    Last Activity
    06-29-2017 05:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 114 Times in 102 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 63 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Accecpted and a little scared!!

I've been accepted into the 12wk class Kaiser requires!! So yay for that!! My orientation is Sept 16th. I was told it can take 2-6 months to get into the classes from then, which is disheartening. But today I was returning a call I received from the department that runs the classes, and was told the call *may* be about a class they're trying to fill, starting Sept 30th! Too bad I have to wait until Tuesday (hopefully) to hear back, because I didn't receive a return call today.

This is what I wanted, start the classes this month, to hopefully have surgery in the first couple months of the year. Then it kind of hit me- I'm scared! Excitement has been high lately because the process was just starting and moving along pretty well.. and now that it's getting scheduled, I'm feeling the nerves coming on strong. Why? This is what I want! I know it's because I've never had surgery before. I'm afraid of going under. I'm afraid of the pain. I'm afraid something will go wrong. I just need to keep thinking positive. Ahh!
    My Blog documenting my journey!
    Shedding the Past:
    http://sheddingthepast.blogspot.com

Youtube Channel-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SheddingThePast

Height: 5'8"
    Highest Weight: 363
    Began Journey with Insurance: 357
    Pre-Op: 340
    Day of Surgery: 336

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/02/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jason Harrison
    Last Activity
    07-10-2014 12:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 90 Times
    Was Thanked 113 Times in 83 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 247 Times

Default Re: Accecpted and a little scared!!

Stephanie, I know you are anxious, but this is the simplest weight loss surgery, and so many of us have gone through it with very few complications. Since you have never had surgery before, everything just gets magnified in your mind. It is normal to feel that way, but keep telling yourself that it will be okay. Or come on the forum, and we will tell you! I have not run across anyone who truly regrets being sleeved. A few people who had it rough the first couple of weeks were expressing a little doubt, but that almost always goes away when you are a few more weeks down the line.

Personally, I am SO happy that I had this surgery. My weight loss has slowed down, but it is still going down, and that is the most important thing. I feel so much better with having lost what I have so far, that I can't even imagine how good it will feel when I reach my goal weight. I think part of the reason I feel so good is that I actually did something about it instead of wallowing in self-pity like I did for so many years.

Congratulations on getting into your class. Now go learn all you can, and keep telling yourself, "I can do this!". You will be great!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Stephanie
    Surgery date
    06/04/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Fedorka
    Last Activity
    06-29-2017 05:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 114 Times in 102 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 63 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Accecpted and a little scared!!

Dale, Thank you so much :] I think it is definitely magnified, being that I've never had surgery. I know the odds of complications are very low, and I'm sure I will be more than happy to have gone through with it!

This forum is great... The support is awesome, and I'm thankful I came across it. You guys have given me so much information and I love reading about the
    personal experiences posted here.

I can do this!!
    My Blog documenting my journey!
    Shedding the Past:
    http://sheddingthepast.blogspot.com

Youtube Channel-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SheddingThePast

Height: 5'8"
    Highest Weight: 363
    Began Journey with Insurance: 357
    Pre-Op: 340
    Day of Surgery: 336