09/03/2014
    Last Activity
    09-20-2016 08:50 PM
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default 4 and 1/2 long post-op weeks..

Hi All!

Just a check-in of sorts. I am a bit frustrated, but think I maybe just being impatient. I went to a Nutrition group this past week and found that I had lost 8 pounds over the past 4 weeks. Of course, I was spoiled by the rapid weight loss of the first 2 weeks post-op and was praying that would continue. I have been doing well with getting protein, however I think that it is a lot tougher to get the water in since advancing to solid food. I need to work on that for sure! I tend to do well during the day with managing the urge to eat. Usually having only protein up until I get home and that is when I get the urge to eat stuff. I feel guilty eating a serving of crackers, or a bite of something that is not on my plan. I have been in the pattern of eating more at night than during the day for many years. It is just that I have so many things I need to change and maintain. I know it is best to just focus on one day at a time, make good choices, and be patient. One last thing, I do like going to the gym a lot more now that I did before! Today was a good day at the gym

Sometimes I feel like I am doing a juggling act and trying not to drop any of the balls each day. It takes a lot! As you well know!

Hope you are all doing well.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member llburbach's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Laura
    Surgery date
    07/08/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-16-2016 06:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times
    Was Thanked 118 Times in 112 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 187 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 4 and 1/2 long post-op weeks..

Hang in there! It is a constant struggle to keep in balance and check. I refuse to say diet because since getting my sleeve there is no way possible I can eat anything like I ever used to so my eating habits are forced to change. You sound like you are doing awesome so far. I wish I could get myself in the habit of working out. It has never been my strong area. I am proud of you for doing that!!

Hugs,
    Laura

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/27/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Singh
    Said "Thanks" 75 Times
    Was Thanked 41 Times in 41 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 40 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 4 and 1/2 long post-op weeks..

Congratulations on your success so far!

I am with you on the night eating. I've found that working out as soon as I get home, showering and then eating dinner after that helps. I'm eating later 7-8, but it keeps me full until bedtime. Or drinking enough decaf tea an hour after my last meal helps. I've always had to drink a huge mug of tea at night. Had that habit since I was little. If I ate dinner at 5, I'd never make it to bed without a snack. Maybe playing with times will help you.

6. Said thanks: