Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gastric Sleeve Member Lynnsey2121's Avatar
    Said "Thanks" 64 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Please give me a name of a GOOD surgeon in Mexico who doesn't have drama and coordinator fighting going on?

What about Dr. Fernando Garcia? Is he good?

I'm scared to go to Dr. Quinones now....I mean, look at all the recent drama about him, I don't know who to believe.

Then I heard Dr. Almanza has had some leak issues?

I'm almost ready to call it quits (looking into Mexico for surgery).

This is some major drama going on and it is enough to make anyone want to turn away.....

Thanks in advance!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Charletta
    Surgeon
    N/A
    Last Activity
    11-27-2015 11:16 AM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 117 Times in 111 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,045 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Please give me a name of a GOOD surgeon in Mexico who doesn't have drama and coordinator fighting going on?

I have heard good things about F.Garcia. He was on my short list as well. I ended up choosing Almanza because someone I knew went through him. However, I did read a couple of post lately about him having issues. But those just surfaced over the last day or so in conjunction with all the other drama about Dr.Q. I agree though, it is unfortunate. I am solid in my decision to have the surgery, also solid in going to Mexico. But the recent drama on the board definitely is enough to make one rethink their choice in surgeon.

She thought she could......so she did!

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Laycock
    Said "Thanks" 84 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 67 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 69 Times

Default Re: Please give me a name of a GOOD surgeon in Mexico who doesn't have drama and coordinator fighting going on?

I think it is great that people are brave enough to share their concerning stories on here. In the past, if you even said anything about a surgeon, particularly a Mexican surgeon, it was like people felt attacked themselves and the results were brutal (in a BB kind of way). I wish you the very best in your journey and hope that you find enough information to make you comfortable with the surgeon you ultimately choose.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Joe Poppa's Avatar
    Name
    Scott
    Surgery date
    07/28/2014
    Last Activity
    09-04-2015 06:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 660 Times
    Was Thanked 525 Times in 357 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,023 Times
    Blog Entries

...who doesn't have drama and coordinator fighting going on?
    I am writing this because it is pretty pathetic that someone like you comes here to gain knowledge about everything involving the gastric sleeve procedure and is now concerned about going to a certain doctor.
    It is very unfortunate you had to read that thread and I hope you have a better opinion of the other 99+% of the people who are here to support, ask questions, express concerns, offer advice or want to make a joke or two for people to smile.

Unfortunately I can't help you, my surgery was done in the U.S.. You are very smart to try to research your surgeon, I did with mine, as probably most others did. You need to be comfortable with the man or woman who will be performing this procedure.
    There are risks with all surgeries, but being obese in the long term carries far more significant health risks.

Regards.

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.

Name
    Nanfit
    Surgery date
    11/24/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Elias Ortiz
    Last Activity
    12-24-2014 12:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

My surgeon is Dr. Elias Ortiz. You can contact Janese@ALighterMe.com. She is a great coordinator and will help you out. ALM is awesome. They really take care of you.

9. Said thanks:

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Said "Thanks" 64 Times

Thank you for your suggestions, everyone. Anyone else, please feel free to chime in!

12. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member secretblonde's Avatar
    Name
    Karin
    Surgery date
    03/14/2014
    Surgeon
    Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-10-2017 12:24 PM
    Said "Thanks" 23 Times
    Was Thanked 50 Times in 49 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,400 Times
    Blog Entries

Loved Dr almanza... His staff... hospital and the hotel... read the drama. Eh...everyone has a story...The big selling point for me... 5 of the 8 woman I went down there with were United States nurses... they did their homework good luck

14. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Jessica
    Surgery date
    10/31/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Osuna
    Last Activity
    01-01-2015 05:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

I searched for a while also and had choose almanza first but then decided I wanted osuna because she operates in a hospital with an ICU in it just in case. My surgery with her is November 1st.

16. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member SweetDejavu's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/26/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    09-03-2015 08:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 233 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnsey2121 View Post
    What about Dr. Fernando Garcia? Is he good?

I'm scared to go to Dr. Quinones now....I mean, look at all the recent drama about him, I don't know who to believe.

Then I heard Dr. Almanza has had some leak issues?

I'm almost ready to call it quits (looking into Mexico for surgery).

This is some major drama going on and it is enough to make anyone want to turn away.....

Thanks in advance!

That drama was personal! You can't let something that has nothing 2 do w the dr change your mind! I agree that the complication should have been know. But the actual dispute wasn't even about the dr if you think about it! Keep researching and pray about it and hopefully you will get a clear mind and make the right decision!

Said "Thanks" 64 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SweetDejavu View Post
    That drama was personal! You can't let something that has nothing 2 do w the dr change your mind! I agree that the complication should have been know. But the actual dispute wasn't even about the dr if you think about it! Keep researching and pray about it and hopefully you will get a clear mind and make the right decision!
    Yes, I know it was personal between a couple of people, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. I just don't know who/what to believe now.

Gastric Sleeve Member SweetDejavu's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/26/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    09-03-2015 08:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 233 Times
    Blog Entries

I know! I've heard stories about each dr so ultimately it's a risk! A few of my coworkers have used both and neither of them have had complications so I think it's individualized! I read a story about how the people w the complications didn't follow the proper pre op diet but idk how true that is because the pre op diet is based on several factors? Gotta just have a positive outlook and hope and pray everything goes well!

Name
    Charletta
    Surgeon
    N/A
    Last Activity
    11-27-2015 11:16 AM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 117 Times in 111 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,045 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnsey2121 View Post
    Yes, I know it was personal between a couple of people, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. I just don't know who/what to believe now.
    I agree, it would have left a bad taste in my mouth too if I had been considering that doctor.

She thought she could......so she did!

Surgery date
    02/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Quinones
    Last Activity
    05-27-2015 09:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 49 Times
    Was Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdejavu View Post
    that drama was personal! You can't let something that has nothing 2 do w the dr change your mind! I agree that the complication should have been know. But the actual dispute wasn't even about the dr if you think about it! Keep researching and pray about it and hopefully you will get a clear mind and make the right decision!
    exactly!

Surgery date
    02/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Quinones
    Last Activity
    05-27-2015 09:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 49 Times
    Was Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Wouldn't that be basically the same thing about any doctor who/what to believe? Just asking.

Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

Lynnsey, there are some excellent doctors in Mexico. But be a smart consumer -- many of us have been approached by private message from coordinators who hang out here looking for customers, inviting us to let them put us in touch with "my wonderful surgeon." Despite what they may say, some of them have not been sleeved, nor do they plan to be sleeved.

They're easy to recognize, because they don't post here often except to say, "I will be / was sleeved in Mexico by Dr. X, and she/he is wonderful!"

The best referrals to Mexican surgeons are from long-time contributors to this community who had surgery in Mexico and have done very well post-op.

IMHO, the closed Facebook groups of past patients of specific Mexican surgeons are sales organizations run by people who get sales commissions. I'd stay away from those -- or anyone who invites you to join those groups. I've seen some of those folks in action on other boards, and some of them are very strange.

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89