Last Activity
    12-29-2015 11:12 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 688 Times
    Blog Entries

Smile Ready to start the journey

Hello,

I'm rather new at this so I hope I do not sound like a complete idiot. I have been surfing the web to see what type of support there is for those wanting the gastric sleeve. I have researched surgery options for about 1 year and finally decided to move forward and attended an informational meeting Saturday. Now I am just wanting to read and learn as much as I can from those who have actually experienced the process. You know . . . what "they did not tell you", are you glad you did it?, some great advice, basically some insight and words of wisdom. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!

Kim

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Joe Poppa's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Scott
    Surgery date
    07/28/2014
    Last Activity
    09-04-2015 06:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 660 Times
    Was Thanked 525 Times in 357 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,023 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ready to start the journey

Actually you are the opposite, you sound very intelligent. You are researching about the procedures to help educate you in making the right decision.

Reasons not to get the procedure.
    You want low self esteem, you want to feel unhealthy, you want health problems, you don't want to live as long, you don't want to look better, you enjoy not being able to do the activities you once did, you enjoy having a tough time finding clothes in a store that fit, you enjoy yo-yo dieting, etc.
    Reasons to get the procedure: Everything mentioned above, but the opposite.

I won't lie and say there are no risks or complications, but we take risks every day, whether it is driving in a car or eating at Taco Bell. All I can say is that this is a tried and true procedure that many surgeons have performed hundreds, or even thousands, of times.
    Look at people's weight loss tickers, their posts of their successes and the before/after pictures, it definitely works.

YOU will make the right decision.

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.