08/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. M. Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-21-2017 11:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 94 Times
    Was Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,153 Times

Default Three years, Lost 85, Gained 30 - Anyone with Binge Eating Disorder (BED)?

Yesterday was my sleeversary - three years. I lost 85 between August 2011 and August 2012 (starting weight 235). Beginning in September, binge eating disorder (BED) kicked in with a vengeance. I gained 30 lbs by the end of October. I am currently 185, meaning I'm 35 lbs higher than my lowest.

I'm seeing a nutritional therapist who specializes in eating disorders. She's so helpful in getting me to look at the inside and what's going on to contribute to BED. She helped me understand how and why 600-800 calories isn't reasonable. She's helping me get to "normal".

I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing weight gain, for whatever reason?

SMILE!! It makes people wonder what you're up to!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    01/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr.Ahmad
    Last Activity
    07-02-2018 04:47 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 74 Times in 57 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 50 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Three years, Lost 85, Gained 30 - Anyone with Binge Eating Disorder (BED)?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    02/14/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Ponce
    Last Activity
    08-27-2014 03:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Default Re: Three years, Lost 85, Gained 30 - Anyone with Binge Eating Disorder (BED)?

Girl I'm up 28 lbs after 2.5yrs I would love to hear what your doing

Name
    Twyla
    Surgery date
    08/11/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. M. Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-21-2017 11:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 94 Times
    Was Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,153 Times

Thanks Klecko. I'll get there.

Bonboun, what I'm doing is eating my face off! I'm binging like crazy - ignoring being mindful of food, my hunger scale, what I really want and then consuming it slowly and with consciousness of the food - rather than stuffing my face, pausing for another bite and realizing everything's gone already! How did that happen?

What I'm supposed to be doing is focusing on my feelings when I eat. Pausing and asking myself if I'm truly hungry, or am I bored or feeling something that I need to think about. My therapist is really good at grounding me and bringing me back to reality. She helps me understand that BED is the same as anorexia or bullimia or compulsive overeating. They're all disorders that take time to be tackled and conquered. She assures me I'm not the only one, and that this can be "beaten" so to speak. I trust that the more she and I talk and the more I apply the things I'm learning with her, the more skills I'll have to hold my BED at bay. To move it so far to the back burner that it's not even seen anymore. To be whatever weight I'm supposed to be and to accept myself wherever I settle. So the long and short is, BED is my cycle right now but I'm working to break that cycle and move onto a healthier life.

I'd love to hear from others with eating disorders. How have they changed since WLS?

SMILE!! It makes people wonder what you're up to!