Surgeon
    Dr Hoffman
    Last Activity
    10-04-2014 07:58 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 75 Times

Default 2 days post op / my story in a nutshell

well I am 54 year old female, who has struggled weight loss since marriage. its the one thing I loved doing for him, baking and cooking. ohhhh if i could do all that over again, He never gained but I sure did. and I must say he was never upset with me or my weight. he was so smart, he always said do it for you , I love they way you are. I have had invitro fertilization and gained even more with the meds I was on and the laying around. Well finally Aug 4 was that date. I just hate myself heavy, I have done every diet known to man. some successful some not so much. I am a registered nurse in an icu/ stepdown floor. I kept this a secret except for a very few up until the day I went to surgery. My sister Dee and my husband were my rocks, they and only them knew. so I thought. when I started losing the weight necessary to be approved for the surgery, my coworkers started asking did you have lap band. some even said that i DID have it... lol my only reason for the secrecy WAS I had made up my mind and didnt want any of the comments to be negative. it worked, I was a bit anxious about having it kinda alone, but I wont be alone when I return to work.
    So here I am sitting at my computer 2 days post operative and foggy, groggy and very much in pain, by belly is literally 50 shades of purple !! i will attach another date lol I am forcing myself to take sips of water, scared im going to get dehydrated, and I will..... but the water actually hurts going down my gut, and chest. like a spasm. Dr told me that will go away, sure hope so.I am shocked when I read other people write what they are drinking 2 days out. please offer information or suggestions or brands that you like, and how do we keep from getting constipated in this endevor lol ~~Ill keep you all posted, please do the same !! Kel
    I used to skinny dip.... now I chunky Dunk !!
    Kelly

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/25/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-08-2015 01:30 PM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2 days post op / my story in a nutshell

Ah yes, the first few days is VERY challenging! It will get much better with swallowing. Right now you are full of gas, so please make sure you do keep walking and sipping. I found that if I felt very dehydrated, then I would suck on a popsicle and that seemed to help a lot. I still have a little trouble with water but I can do better with other liquids. It's just amazing how each day that goes by does seem to be just a little better. Good luck and keep sipping! If you have pain meds, I would suggest to keep taking them as prescribed.

Gastric Sleeve Member kenziesmom_2000's Avatar
    Name
    Nicole
    Surgery date
    06/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Colquit
    Last Activity
    04-05-2016 04:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 69 Times
    Blog Entries

first of all i want to say how happy i am for you that you have such a loving supportive husband -- they are hard to come by....

as far as the sonstipation thing goes.... well... maybe tmi, but i used to be very regular. went everyday around the same time. now i only go every few days and it isnt always easy. part of the problem is that we have to focus so much on protein that it is hard to get in the fiber to keep everything moving. ask your dr but a lot of them reccomend miralax.

first couple of days sucked! lol but it DOES get better. when you drink, take tiny tiny sips and dont drink ice water. cold mouth fulls will hurt. make sure you get up and walk (even tho your belly hurts) as much as possible to help with gas. i had the same fear of being dehydrated. when i was allowed to add thicker liquids i started drinking premier protein drinks. the chocolate is actually really good - no bad after taste. also added unflavored unjury protein powder to creamy soups (strained soup - no chunks). just be careful that the soup isnt too hot cuz sleeves dont like the hot and it makes the protein powder clump. you can only take in a couple ounces at a time so drinking the shakes and soups seems to take forever... just keep at it ... remember tiny tiny sips and it wont hurt so much. you can do this and it will be so worth it. you feel like yourself again soon i promise ...

Surgery date
    03/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Carlos Ferrari
    Last Activity
    07-05-2023 08:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 83 Times
    Blog Entries

Miralax Miralax Miralax. You can mix it with any liquid, hot or cold, and if you stir it up till it's completely dissolved, you'll never know it's there. It's gentle, non-bloating, and effective for mild to major constipation.
    highest pre-surgery (2/2013) 419 lbs
    lowest post-surgery (4/2014) 245 lbs
    highest pst-surg regain (1/2020) 362 lbs

"If you have a tire blow-out, do you get out of the car and slash the other three? No, you change the tire and keep going."

Gastric Sleeve Member llburbach's Avatar
    Name
    Laura
    Surgery date
    07/08/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-16-2016 06:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times
    Was Thanked 118 Times in 112 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 187 Times
    Blog Entries

I am a nurse too!! I do labor and delivery. I could not imagine going back to work so soon. You are a beast! I ended up taking three weeks off to adjust to eating and drinking as well as gaining more strength. There were days I felt weak as a kitten. Lol

I wish you the very best!!

Laura

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents