Dr Peterson
    Last Activity
    06-26-2015 10:41 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb A Little about my journey

Hello!! My Name is Penny and my surgery is in August 2014. I am about 40 days away from my gastric sleeve surgery. I am nervous, anxious and I feel giddy like a high school girl some days. lol... I can't wait I wish the days would hurry up. I have started detoxing. Let me explain. I stopped drinking caffeinated drinks such as; coffee, soda or tea. I have stopped eating high calorie foods such as; McDonald's, Taco Bell, WhataBurger and so on. I am also excising more and adding more protein to my diet. I have started juicing 2X a day and started drinking more water. I really want to be success-full after surgery and I want to recovery quickly.

This is my journey.

6/23/2014 Day 1: I started my Detox of no caffeine and low cab diet. I had the worst Headache all day along with being tired and having a foggy brain. I though I was going to die half way through the day, but I made it and kept thinking this only is going to last three days.

6/24/2014 Day 2: Today was pretty much a repeat of day number one. Horrible Headaches, tiredness, foggy mind and was wanting to stop the madness. I cried by the end of the night because I was so tired and my head was throbbing, but I knew I could not stop because the end was coming soon.

6/25/2014 Day 3: Today I feel a little better. I still have the headache and foggy brain but the tiredness is not so bad. I am not saying I am not tired but I feel like I have more energy than I did on day one or two. Today I went to see the nutritionist. This appointment was set up for my passport to gastric sleeve surgery. She informed me if I put more protein in my diet that I will start to feel better by controlling the sugar spikes because I was just juicing and eating less carbs.

6/26/2014 Day 4: I feel much better today. I am more alert and I have energy. I took the advise of the nutritionist and kept juicing with more protien added to my diet and I don't have a foggy brain nor do I have a headache today. Thank you God!! LOL.. I am feeling much more better. I knew detox would take 3 to 4 days but this detox was terrible!!

I will keep everyone updated on my Journey as it comes my feeling, thoughts, emotions, and more. I have a few appointment coming up in July which they are called my Pass Port to Surgery. I have to got to a group meeting July 2nd for Patients who are going to have the gastric sleeve and for patients who have already have had it. My physiological appointment is on 7/9. I have to have a pap smear done on 7/10 and my last appointment which is a endoscopy with my surgeon. I am pretty nervous about this last appointment. Having to swallow a scope !!! Oh boy I can hardly swallow pills!! I hope I am fully asleep!! LOL

My blood test and a sleep test are both done. So It has been an easy process for me (knock on wood) lol. My insurance dose not require me to be on a supervised weight loss program for any period of time. I started this process back on 5/20. I will have my surgery in August!! I would love to have it sooner but time and appointments keep me from moving up the date. :/ I have been thinking about getting the surgery since January of this year 2014. I waited four months to start the process because I wanted to be sure I wanted the gastric sleeve and now that I know I am giddy like a school girl about it. lol!!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    11/13/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Anwar
    Last Activity
    12-10-2014 02:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Default Re: A Little about my journey

Count the sugars in your juice drinks. I bet you'll be surprised on how many there is. After surgery you'll want/need whole fruit and veggies for the full feeling you'll strive to have. Fiber too.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    11/17/2014
    Surgeon
    James B Wooldridge Jr
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 73 Times in 72 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 131 Times
    Blog Entries

Don't worry about the endoscopy. They knock you out for it. I had one done last year and it was nothing.

Though I'm concerned about the whole juicing thing. You lose all the fiber from the foods you juice and fiber plays a VERY important role after surgery. If you're going to juice, add in a fiber supplement like Benefiber and take it regularly so you'll be regular. And like bird48 said, you'd do better focusing on getting whole veggies and fruits into your diet (after proteins of course) in order to feel full and gain the FULL nutrition of these things.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    01-19-2015 11:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 19 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Good luck!