06/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Chris Sutton
    Last Activity
    08-04-2014 09:12 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hi, had my surgery 30/6 with Mr Sutton at Spire in Leicester. Perfect care. I have booked 4 weeks off work and think I might

It seems like a full time jobs managing meds and fluids. I'm finding it difficult to get all the fluid down. I would love to hear from others who have been through similar.
    Suzanne2

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Dwayne
    Surgery date
    01/07/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bacal
    Last Activity
    02-14-2016 06:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 239 Times
    Was Thanked 281 Times in 239 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,189 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi, had my surgery 30/6 with Mr Sutton at Spire in Leicester. Perfect care. I have booked 4 weeks off work and think I m

I took off work for 3 weeks and used that last week to focus on my vitamins, protein, and water. Speaking for myself, I am glad I took 3 weeks and it did take me a week to get used to getting into a routine with water, vitamins, and protein Good luck.

Name
    Rachael
    Surgery date
    06/10/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Justin Greenslade
    Last Activity
    10-14-2015 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi, had my surgery 30/6 with Mr Sutton at Spire in Leicester. Perfect care. I have booked 4 weeks off work and think I m

Hi Suzanne,
    That has been my biggest struggle also, and it still is. But it has only been 3 1/2 weeks. It has been better these last couple days, but I am still bit getting enough fluid or food in. I carry around a 1.5 litre water bottle so I know exactly how much I am drinking. I've gone from 500ml in my first week to 1 litre now. Still a bit off the 1.5 litres that my doctor suggests is the minimum. It is taking time. But am doing the best I can, and it's slowly increasing. Baby steps.
    Good luck to you on your journey.
    x

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/26/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Neale
    Last Activity
    07-21-2014 07:27 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

My dr wanys me to drink 64oz of either water, lo cal gatorade, sugar free cool aid, crystal light, etc. Plus the 16 oz of water or skim milk needed to be mixed with my protein powder for the day. Since ive recently found a protein powder thats very cheap that whwn mixed with milk tastes JUST LIKE chocolate milk. My daughter even took a drink of it and thought it was chocolate milk, also fiance tried it and agreed whereas the other powders ive gotten no matter how expensive have tastes chalky and smelled like baby formula which i couldnt drink at all so now i able to drink the 16 oz of milk for that but as for the 64oz of other liquids im supposed to drink is NOT happening. At the most i can get down 32 oz and i can say i am dehyrated, which iant good. My mouth and lips are extremely dry and not to be gross but my urine is a very dark color, im a nurse and the color urine i have ia considered amber, maybe slightly darker and without labs thats how nurses and doctors diagnose dehydration. Dry mucous membranes (lips, mouth) and the urine color. Ive really been trying to drink more but i just cant seem to do it. If i drink more than i am now i feel as if ill throw up which ive done enough post op for the first 4 days. So 1 liter is good for now, just work ur way up because u dont want to get sick

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Julie
    Surgery date
    07/29/2014
    Surgeon
    Chris Sutton
    Last Activity
    08-06-2015 04:30 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

I am having my operation with Mr Sutton on 29th July and feeling a bit anxious so it is good to know yours went ok.
    I don't drink enough now so I don't know how I will cope after my operation.

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Rachael
    Surgery date
    06/10/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Justin Greenslade
    Last Activity
    10-14-2015 09:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

I have several friends that have had absolutely no issues with drinking water. We are each different, and out journey's different. You may not have any issues Julie. Hopefully not anyway.

Surgery date
    07/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Mr Li
    Last Activity
    07-02-2016 04:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times
    Was Thanked 106 Times in 94 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 177 Times

Congratulations Suzanne! I'm having my sleeve (at Spire Manchester) on 17th July, so can't be of much help - except to say that everything I've read on here suggests that it will get easier. I guess it's just a case of taking it one day at a time Best of luck with it all - keep us posted

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Mr de beaux
    Last Activity
    06-24-2017 05:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 23 Times
    Was Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 715 Times

Congrats on having good op. I had mine in spire edinburgh. Great surgeons. I still struggle with enough water and yet guzzled the stuff before the op. I am still not fit for work as nausea is bad but I think we are all different. I'd say don't rude until you are 100%. Keep us posted x

Surgery date
    06/30/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr Prochazka
    Last Activity
    06-24-2016 09:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 32 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Hi Suzanne, I had my surgery 30/06/15 in Brno Czech Republic. I had 6 days off work (Nurse) How are you getting on? I appear to be in a mega stall at moment.