06/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Allamanza
    Last Activity
    07-08-2014 06:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Sleeved late yesterday - miserable with many others - Tijuana Misery

Alamanza was good. The care was awful. No schedule - and you felt like cows going for slaughter. My back is still burning. It hurts to rest which is getting old because I have been up for 30 hours now. Sleep is impossible.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member kansasmomwithxtra's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Allamanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Default Re: Sleeved late yesterday - miserable with many others - Tijuana Misery

Yes. Bring it and bring a pill crusher. They don't care what meds you are on and are not concerned with filling them for you. Some people have real pain meds. Lucky them. Ibuprofen is laughable.

Surgery date
    06/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Allamanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I just don't see the reason anyone should suffer - especially in TJ where drug trafficking is rampant. I wish someone would traffic to my hotel.

Surgery date
    06/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Allamanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

That's how much pain I am in.

Gastric Sleeve Member meme_mayham's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/01/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Marco Sarinana
    Last Activity
    08-26-2017 04:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 24 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

awww, yeah, i have a few tubes of t3's, i dont use them when they are issued to me, LOL but i think i will take them with me to TJ, have you tried to breath it out, like meditate? it brought me through to 8cm, with a 10lb 13 baby waiting to come out, before i asked for med

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Mary
    Surgery date
    02/07/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Parrish
    Last Activity
    06-01-2015 12:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 97 Times in 94 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 89 Times
    Blog Entries

Precisely why I had surgery in the states. I know that many of you have had great experiences in Mexico, but I'm willing to be tjust as many have had experiences similar to this. Regardless of the country, insurance or form of payment, you are the doctor's CUSTOMER. You pay for a service and should receive decent treatment.

I'm sorry you have had a bad time. Praying you'll feel better soon and be stateside.

Gastric Sleeve Member meme_mayham's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/01/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Marco Sarinana
    Last Activity
    08-26-2017 04:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries

have you been able to get some rest, or pain meds yet?

Name
    Shila
    Surgery date
    03/27/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-06-2017 10:22 AM
    Said "Thanks" 30 Times
    Was Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 31 Times
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. I had a very different experience. We had women in our group that were very sick post-op and the nurses were very attentive. I brought my Lortab, Zofran, and Ambian with me. I did a lot of research prior to my surgery and knew what would be available wasn't going to cut it. I'm glad that I did. My recovery was very easy. Best of luck on your journey it will be worth it in the end!

Name
    Kristen
    Surgery date
    06/18/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-09-2015 01:50 PM
    Said "Thanks" 124 Times
    Was Thanked 251 Times in 218 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 185 Times
    Blog Entries

Being ignored after surgery is simply not acceptable...no matter where you are. My husband had thyroid cancer. Part of the treatment was radioactive iodine. The put him at the end of a hospital hallway that was deserted. Then they totally forgot about him. No one checked on him for over 12 hours. When he called to get food, they didn't understand who he was, where he was at, and why he was in a section of the hospital that was closed. He was so scared, alone, and had to defend himself on the phone to nurses who were clueless. It was very awful.

Of course, this was a VA Hospital...not how we should treat our vets!!!

Surgery date
    11/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alejandro Lopez
    Said "Thanks" 114 Times
    Was Thanked 213 Times in 187 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 108 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kansasmomwithxtra View Post
    Alamanza was good. The care was awful. No schedule - and you felt like cows going for slaughter. My back is still burning. It hurts to rest which is getting old because I have been up for 30 hours now. Sleep is impossible.
    I am so sorry you are not getting decent care. When you are through this & feeling better, please write a detailed report so it can help others who are considering where & which surgeon to choose.
    I learned that the standard pain meds given post op are non steroidal pain meds, most common one toradol or ketorolac. This type of med was contraindicated for me given I had a spinal fusion that had not healed yet. I made a big pain of myself getting assurances from my surgeon through the coordinator that I would not be given NSAIDs, but it still nearly happened twice. The meds I weren't supposed to have were walked into my room & would have been put in my IV had I not asked the nurse what she was giving me & stopped her. My fusion still has not healed & may not ever, so I hope I was not inadvertently given some of these meds - they can stop bone healing.
    They can't stop you from going to an ER, call your coordinator & tell her you want to be transported to an ER, if I was really concerned I'd pick one across the border in San Diego. Call the consulate if you are getting no help & feel like your health is in danger. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...70138588,d.cGU

On the right side of the page - there is a listing for "duty officer" with calling instructions for weekend & after hours help.

Surgery date
    04/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Elias Ortiz
    Last Activity
    02-20-2024 01:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 206 Times
    Was Thanked 504 Times in 372 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 231 Times

I had surgery in Mexico and not once did I feel like "a cow going to slaughter". I was treated with total respect and attentiveness from start to finish. Used Dr. Elias Ortiz, Tijuana.

"Lee, by "own it!" your daughter means that you should be proud of your accomplishment and understand that you deserve this. Not because you have to pay it forward or backward to justify your own benefits. She means that this is YOUR accomplishment, and accomplishing that for yourself is enough. You do not have to fix everybody. And you do not owe anyone for the benefits you have earned. They are YOURS!" Ann2

Surgery date
    12/20/2013
    Surgeon
    Ariel Ortiz & Arturo Martinez
    Said "Thanks" 699 Times
    Was Thanked 1,627 Times in 805 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/27/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Keith Boone
    Last Activity
    01-14-2018 09:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am so sorry and will pray for all of you stuck there! I had excellent care and still felt crappy coming off the anesthesia- it's so unfair that this is your start! I am four days out and feeling pretty fab now, so it WILL get better, truly! Just pray- remember that whatever God brings you to, He WILL see you through!

Surgery date
    06/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Allamanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Thank you all. I am finally able to sleep after a massive breakdown yesterday due to pain. I cried and cried and cried. My back was hurting. The incisions have never been an issue. I slept from 4 in the afternoon until 7 this morning and would still be asleep if not for the die test. Thanks for your prayers and kindness.

Gastric Sleeve Member missemily516's Avatar
    Name
    Emily
    Surgery date
    12/23/2013
    Surgeon
    Channing Chin
    Last Activity
    02-03-2017 04:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 111 Times in 82 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 15 Times
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you got sleep! Maybe you can go trolling the streets for some pan killers
    "A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast