Surgeon
    Dr. Michael Snyder
    Last Activity
    02-26-2016 08:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 76 Times
    Was Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Finally past the plateau but the hair loss continues!

After 4 weeks at the same weight, I have finally started moving again in weight loss. I've been trying to exercise more (mainly walking) and I am trying to reduce the high sugar index carbs and focus on complex carbs and protein. I think it has helped me to get the weight loss going again although I do think I was losing inches so I probably wasn't in a true plateau. However, my hair loss continues and after 2 months of it, I feel like I am going bald although my hair dresser told me that it is not too bad. I've been religiously taking the Biotin and I am using Revita to re-grow the hair but it doesn't stop the initial loss. I guess I am lucky that I have hair to spare. Finally, I have been feeling so good and so happy lately that I thought I could get off of my depression medication and the doctor told me how to wean myself off of it. Well, that didn't work. Apparently, the weight loss and feeling healthier does not alter your brain chemistry to the extent that it helps with other ailments like blood sugar, etc... My depression came back with a vengeance and I had to get back on my meds. I guess the WLS helps with the severity of the depression but doesn't cure it like it does with diabetes. I'm going to stay on my regular dose for another year or so and then reexamine whether I can get off of it or not. Still, this was the best decision of my life and I do not regret it for one minute!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/07/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Shillingford
    Last Activity
    05-02-2016 06:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 175 Times
    Was Thanked 291 Times in 272 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 250 Times

Default Re: Finally past the plateau but the hair loss continues!

Revita does not stop the loss but it does allow the hair follicle to grow hair quicker as well an reactive a hair follicle that hasn't grown hair in a long time. I used it as a precaution before any hair loss. I figured I could grow and lose at the same time and it would help balance me out. It definitely did the trick and you will be back to normal before you know it! Definitely stay on your meds for the depression I went through a several year bout of depression but it did eventually go away. You are doing fabulous with your weight loss so don't let the plateaus get to you like you said you were still losing inches and that counts as a loss! I am only losing about a pound a week now but the inches are still coming off and I am very please with the skin tightening up. I will still need help no doubt but I was thinking it would be a lot worse than it is. Keep up the great job!!

4. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    02/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Quinones
    Last Activity
    05-27-2015 09:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 49 Times
    Was Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times

Where do you get the revita? Is it a shampoo. My hair loss is becoming more and more I will not have any hair left by the time it's all over

Surgery date
    06/07/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Shillingford
    Last Activity
    05-02-2016 06:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 175 Times
    Was Thanked 291 Times in 272 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 250 Times

Quote Originally Posted by chula View Post
    Where do you get the revita? Is it a shampoo. My hair loss is becoming more and more I will not have any hair left by the time it's all over
    I order it off of Amazon and the shampoo and conditioner together are about $35.00.

Name
    Karen G
    Surgery date
    09/09/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Jeffrey Genaw
    Last Activity
    05-18-2016 05:05 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

My surgery was 9-9-13. About 3 1/2 months ago started losing alot of hair. I am going to go bald soon. I thought it was my throid, which finally got under control.But still losing my hair bad.Biotin I was taking, stopped it because it wasn't working. Any other suggestions?

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents