Surgeon
    Dr. Pedkomeni
    Last Activity
    03-20-2023 05:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Default Re: No weight Loss!

I felt the same way, I was so sad to not see the scale going down. I was about 6 weeks out and was had not lost weight in a month. Well I talked my nut on a Monday and was told I was not eating enough so I increased my food intake which boosted my calorie intake and sure enough by the end of that week (Friday) I had lost 7lbs. I know it can be quite discouraging especially when you are doing everything right but trust me the SLEEVE WORKS, check with your nut to see how many calories you should be having a day and if you are not there be sure to increase. I now eat 4-5 small meals a day and I am losing weight again - HANG IN THERE
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetness1 View Post
    I am about 4 weeks post op and I am not losing weight! I am following the rules but I have not seen any weight loss. Has this happened to anybody else? This is very discouraging! I feel like I'm the only person that the sleeve is not working for.....HELP!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member sweetness1's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/09/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-20-2014 02:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 452 Times

Thank you so much Charebee for your response....that gives me hope

Gastric Sleeve Member Canyonite's Avatar
    Name
    Teri Ann
    Surgery date
    04/09/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-20-2017 02:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Hey Sweetness1!!! I just saw that you sent me a message. I haven't been very good about getting on here lately :-( Been super busy at work.

I just want you to know that I have been in a stall for 2 weeks, and after reading a lot of different posts I realized that I wasn't eating enough. And since I wasn't eating enough, my body thought I was starving it so I didn't lose. I did, however, feel like I was losing inches. All of my clothes all feel looser and that is the only thing that keeps me from feeling discouraged. It's SOOOO hard to get enough food in every day. But I am forcing myself. I bought the Premier Protein shakes at Costco. They have 30g of protein, 1 gram of sugar, and 160 calories. That is my breakfast and then I have another sometime during the day. That's the easy part. Then I try to eat lean proteins and veggies for lunch and dinner (which takes a long time to consume). I even purchased a superfood powder that I mix in with my protein shakes so that I make sure I am getting all of the rest of the vital nutrients. And....on occasion I mix in some plain yogurt as well! I realize that we have to have a lot of protein, but I feel really icky if I don't have my green vegetables. That's why I purchased the powder. I have been staying away from the simple carbs (flour, sugar, white pasta, etc.) and haven't incorporated any complex carbs into my diet yet (other than vegetables...which my body craves and I must have). I am conscientious about limiting gluten in my diet because that was the cause of me feeling arthritic. So I think if you can up your protein and water intake, and eat along the lines of a south beach diet frame of mind you will shock your body and it will start burning.

This week I have noticed that my body is responding. It's a vicious cycle.....either I am feeling completely empty or completely full. I am trying to find a happy medium. It will be nice when eating only 3 bites doesn't make me feel stuffed!!

If you need any help on developing a meal plan just let me know. I have done TONS of research over the past 15 years and while I might not have been the best about following any specific plan, I definitely have the knowledge as to what foods to eat or not eat, what foods help boost your metabolism, etc.

Try some different methods and I guarantee your body will take notice and you'll start losing. Good luck and stay positive!!!!!

Surgery date
    04/09/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times

Thank you so much Terri Ann !!!! I sure do appreciate your input and I think I do need help with a diet plan and some things to help boost my metabolism ! It certainly is good hearing from you. I try my darndest to get in my water and protein, and believe me that is not the easiest thing to do. I am starting to walk a little more, and I don't want to talk too soon, but I think the scale is starting to move down a bit now !!!! YAY !!!! I have been retaining water, and it seemed as though no matter how much water I drank, I still was dehydrated! I too have been losing inches, but still was very discouraged not to see the scale moving AT ALL !!! But hopefully that's all behind me now. But yes Terri Ann, any help you can send my way would be greatly appreciated !!!

Name
    Teri Ann
    Surgery date
    04/09/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I will get something to you as soon as possible. I know just how discouraging this can be...like I said I have been in a stall going on my 3rd week now. However, everyone has commented on how much I have lost so I know I am losing inches. Stupid scale...I am the worst about getting on it every day or so. Have to hide that thing and just go with how I feel and how my clothes are fitting! LOL!!!

I will sit down tonight when I get home and get some materials to you. Hang in there...and so very good to hear from you as well!!!!!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Teri Ann
    Surgery date
    04/09/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I found a website that helps you track your food, and gives you direction on how many calories you should be eating daily based on your current weight and your goal weight. (supertracker.usda.gov) It's FREE. What I like about this site is that it breaks down my calories into what food groups I should be getting those calories from. And then it gives you examples of what foods to eat in those groups. Again, I have been staying away from the grains but should be incorporating those in when I start a regular exercise regimen. I used to use the weight watchers points tracker and I liked that because it was really flexible as to building your own recipes, etc. This one isn't as flexible (in other words, it does not recognize the protein drinks that I eat each day so I am unable to add those into the recipe tracker). But...it's really informative on everything else. Start there....again it's FREE!

Surgery date
    04/09/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times

Hey Terri Ann !

Any information you can share with me will be greatly appreciated !!! I can report that I am FINALLY starting to drop pounds!!!!! YAY !!!!!! I was beginning to think that I was going to be the only person in the history of the VSG that it would not work for!!! Like I was going to be the poster child for "This thing don't work" LOL !!! But I am so glad it's happening for me now !!! I am so excited to see numbers now that I haven't seen in ions !! If you are on facebook, let's be facebook friends.... Sandra Lumpkin Arnold (that's how you can find me on facebook). Ok talk to you soon!

Surgery date
    04/09/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times

Thank you so much for your post !! I can finally report that I have finally started losing the pounds !!! YAY!!!!

Name
    Teri Ann
    Surgery date
    04/09/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I will look you up on Facebook tonight! Consider yourself warned!!!!! LOL!

Looks like we're are doing about the same right now with our weight loss. Patience can be so hard! LOL!