Adam Glasgow
    Last Activity
    07-05-2014 06:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Question Back and forth

When I first started thinking of having Gastric Sleeve surgery in February I was so excited for the new journey. But lately I have been wondering if I should do it. I know I need to but what if I fail?? What if my surgery doesn't go well?? I'm just wondering if anyone else went back and forth with their emotions.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Mary
    Surgery date
    02/07/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Parrish
    Last Activity
    06-01-2015 12:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 97 Times in 94 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 89 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Back and forth

its normal to have reservations. we arent talking about a quick and easy fix. you are making a commitment to change your lifestyle, the way you look at food, and the way you eat for the rest of your life.

I contemplated it, and realized that I had to make lifelong changes beacase quite honestly, I wasnt doing so great when left to my own devices.

you know right now whether you should or shouldnt do it.

Surgery date
    03/19/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Balette
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 12:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 84 Times in 59 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

I think this is the one thing that all of us have happen the same.
    My biggest fear was that I would fail - just like everything else I tried.
    I have to say if you work through the emotional issues regarding the relationship with food - it is harder to fail than to succeed.
    Everyday I address why, in the past, I would walk into the pantry and grab a handful of this or handful of that. Now I don't even walk into the pantry unless I NEED something.
    The head hunger is much harder to deal with than the new way of eating.

Surgery for me wasn't bad--i had a small amount of pain, but a lot of nausea. I felt more like my self after about 10 days.

I am so glad I did this - 32 pounds in 6 weeks os far more success than I've ever had and with eating right and exercising I've never felt better.

GOOD LUCK

Name
    Laura
    Surgery date
    08/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Hawasali
    Last Activity
    10-13-2014 07:31 AM
    Michigan by way of England, Mumbai, Cairo and Boston
    Said "Thanks" 25 Times
    Was Thanked 440 Times in 415 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 829 Times

Your fears are more common than you think. First of all this is major surgery followed be a complete life change. I would be concerned if you didn't have some apprehension about it. People do experience complications of varying difficulties, it's a fact of life with any surgery. If you haven't already asked, ask your surgeon what their complication rate is and what the most common complication is. Many people lose slowly but there is only a minute percentage that don't lose weight for a medical reason. The rest is up to you. Our sleeves are tools and you need to be willing to commit every single day to the big four: protein, water, exercise, attitude. If you do those things, you will succeed. Sometimes it might not feel like it, but you will. Before surgery take your measurements. At that horrible two-three week stall you're losing inches if you don't lose pounds. Don't be a slave to the scale. If you're one to obsess don't weigh every day. If you're like me and can weigh and take it in stride then do so. Make sure you use the same scale. I use a medical quality scale at the gym that zeros after every use. You can also drop in at your PCP at any time and use their scale for free.

Good luck to you, and make sure you keep us posted.