Surgeon
    Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-25-2014 08:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Smile Gastric Sleeve with Dr. Lamanza

Gastric Sleeve on Saturday May 3 2014. Going to Tijuana Mexico and HMN hospital. I was stunned at the price, every thing except private accommodations included. Only $4500.00 USD. Will fly into San Diego from Buffalo NY, even though I am Canadian and live in Oshawa which is 40 minutes east of Toronto. If you come from Ontario, fly out of Buffalo. Its much cheaper and more flights available. Got a hotel room through Groupon for one night stay with my wife in SD. When I fly back with her, will fly into Buffalo where my children will pick us up in the car, and then stay one night in a hotel in Niagara Falls Ontario. Also Groupon. Cheap, cheap cheap. Staying in luxury hotel 15-20 minutes from HMN hospital for only $60.00 USD for me and my wife. Has special arrangement with Dr. Lamanza.

I now weigh 280 lbs am 5 ft. 5.5 inches high and am 58 years old. Have had one angina attack, one heart attack and have out of control type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. Cardiologist assures me that gastric sleeve will eliminate all symptoms after about a year. Goal weight is 160. Successfully going through pre-op diet. Will use Dr. Fuhrman's diet after post-op diet finished. Emphasis on vegetables, fruits and grains, small amounts of meat. Expect this to resolve my arthritis.

I wish the very best for all of you.

Dr. Gus Gianello

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Mary
    Surgery date
    04/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr.Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-22-2016 08:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 127 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gastric Sleeve with Dr. Lamanza

So exciting just a few more days and you will be on the sleeve side, Dr. Almanza and his staff are great.

Name
    Brigitte
    Surgery date
    08/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 159 Times
    Was Thanked 400 Times in 330 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 140 Times

Welcome!

You should revisit your planned post-op diet, however. Sleevers need to focus on protein first, veg/fruit second, carbs (grains) last, due to our inability to ingest enough protein quantities that regular dietary plans promote. You risk damage to your internal organs, decreased brain function, hairloss, skin problems, and nail degradation, if you focus on veg/fruit and grains with minimal meat.

If you plan on sticking to a mainly vegetarian diet, Dr. Almanza might not be for you. He uses a very small bougie size and you would probably have great difficulty following your intended diet with such a small stomach. A surgeon that uses a larger bougie would probably suit your intended diet.

It's not impossible to follow a vegetarian (or even a vegan) diet whilst being sleeved, but it would be extremely difficult.

Good luck!
    Nov. 15/17 - re-sleeve, hiatal hernia repair, gallbladder removal with Dr. A. Lopez from AloBariatrics in Puerto Vallarta

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Deb
    Surgery date
    03/07/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ismael Cabrera
    Last Activity
    10-29-2020 06:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 80 Times
    Was Thanked 119 Times in 107 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 149 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gustavopgianello View Post
    Gastric Sleeve on Saturday May 3 2014. Going to Tijuana Mexico and HMN hospital. I was stunned at the price, every thing except private accommodations included. Only $4500.00 USD. Will fly into San Diego from Buffalo NY, even though I am Canadian and live in Oshawa which is 40 minutes east of Toronto. If you come from Ontario, fly out of Buffalo. Its much cheaper and more flights available. Got a hotel room through Groupon for one night stay with my wife in SD. When I fly back with her, will fly into Buffalo where my children will pick us up in the car, and then stay one night in a hotel in Niagara Falls Ontario. Also Groupon. Cheap, cheap cheap. Staying in luxury hotel 15-20 minutes from HMN hospital for only $60.00 USD for me and my wife. Has special arrangement with Dr. Lamanza.

I now weigh 280 lbs am 5 ft. 5.5 inches high and am 58 years old. Have had one angina attack, one heart attack and have out of control type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. Cardiologist assures me that gastric sleeve will eliminate all symptoms after about a year. Goal weight is 160. Successfully going through pre-op diet. Will use Dr. Fuhrman's diet after post-op diet finished. Emphasis on vegetables, fruits and grains, small amounts of meat. Expect this to resolve my arthritis.

I wish the very best for all of you.

Dr. Gus Gianello
    Welcome you've made a great decision. There is lots of support here for you. What kind of doctor are you?
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. (Not Gandhi's exact words, but close enough)

Surgery date
    09/07/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Stephen M. Clark
    Last Activity
    10-11-2021 01:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 64 Times in 48 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 31 Times

Sounds like a great plan except I would do meat, veggies, fruit, with a small amount of grain - in that order. You should get most of your protein in before you add carbs, especially since you have diabetes. Get your fluids and protein in first. You will feel better and heal quicker.

I am over 2 years out and I still supplement protein.
    Starting weight 06-06-11: 215 36.9 BMI
    Weight at Surgery 09-07-11: 188 32.3 BMI
    Current Weight as of 05-15-12: 135<-- As of 145lbs No longer overweight!
    Goal: 120 <-- Ideal weight 20.6 BMI

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents