Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-08-2023 05:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 1,328 Times in 515 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Re: Not loosing much

Wow! The last thing i need is a lecture on how stupid i am... As i previously mentioned i am not sure where your enlightening advice is on this forum, i would be curious to read it... Unless you have something practical and constructive to say, i would appreciate if you would abstain from lecturing how much more research i need to do. i have done it for 25 years and have a PhD to back it up ...

And I explained how to find my posts, how many there were, and what the content of them is. And yet, in the same vine, you still complain about not knowing what to do.

Having a PhD means absolutely squat on here. It won't make you lose weight and it doesn't impress anyone...especially when you can't seem to find out where to read the advice that so many on here took the time to post.

As for practical or constructive, since you have not read any of my posts, you are about the last person on here qualified to determine if what I have typed is either constructive or practical.

Give me a break.

Quit complaining and get on with the business of learning. It's apparent that you are good at learning. So, take that vast intellect and put it to good use.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Deb
    Surgery date
    03/07/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ismael Cabrera
    Last Activity
    10-29-2020 06:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 80 Times
    Was Thanked 119 Times in 107 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 149 Times

Go to tinman's profile. Under his picture, click on Find Latest Started Threads. There's lots there.
    Good luck
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. (Not Gandhi's exact words, but close enough)

Surgery date
    02/10/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alexander Barkan
    Last Activity
    05-01-2017 05:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 146 Times in 140 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,740 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EsTeRap View Post
    Ok, so its going to be 6 weeks now on Monday after I had my surgery and I am not loosing... it is so frustrating. I tried eating more as some people suggested and gained 2 lbs immediately...that was scary. then i cut down, but nothing is coming of.. it is just mind boggling. I am eating about one fourth of what i used to eat, i am eating healthy unprocessed foods... i am not exercising because i still feel pretty weak, but exercise never made much difference in my weight loss anyways. i am trying to be patient, but it is really heard
    Hi. 6 weeks out and I feel your frustration. I can only tell you what I know - if you got a binder with phase information - follow it to the letter. Each phase after surgery has a purpose. Don't eat more than you are ready to. Don't exercise yet - you're body needs to conserve what you're asking it to do which is to lose weight. Walk. Eat your healthy proteins. Stay the heck away from the scale (if you can toss it out the window) scales are only for dieters - you dear girl are not on a diet anymore. Weigh in at your doctors office and that's that.
    Patience is difficult when we expect our bodies to 'perform' and when it doesn't we get frustrated. One day at a time and you will be fine.
    As for the others on this site - they are here to help as well. Some are louder than others, while some are quiet in their delivery. We are all here to learn and take only what applies. I personally read all and go right back to my surgeons paperwork. Every doctors orders are different. Be patient and you will see results Much good luck to you.

Every journey begins with one small step....

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/31/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Wow! The last thing i need is a lecture on how stupid i am... As i previously mentioned i am not sure where your enlightening advice is on this forum, i would be curious to read it... Unless you have something practical and constructive to say, i would appreciate if you would abstain from lecturing how much more research i need to do. i have done it for 25 years and have a PhD to back it up ...

And I explained how to find my posts, how many there were, and what the content of them is. And yet, in the same vine, you still complain about not knowing what to do.

Having a PhD means absolutely squat on here. It won't make you lose weight and it doesn't impress anyone...especially when you can't seem to find out where to read the advice that so many on here took the time to post.

As for practical or constructive, since you have not read any of my posts, you are about the last person on here qualified to determine if what I have typed is either constructive or practical.

Give me a break.

Quit complaining and get on with the business of learning. It's apparent that you are good at learning. So, take that vast intellect and put it to good use.
    I thought i was very clear that i don't need bullying and character assassination. please use your skills on someone else. i appreciate if you do not respond to my posts.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    05/13/2014
    Last Activity
    09-25-2014 11:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello! I am currently in the same situation! I am 4 weeks post op and I lost my first 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks. I haven't lost anymore and I am still doing two protein shakes a day and one small soft foods meal at lunch. Also exercising everyday, vigorously! Any Advice? I'm feeling very discouraged!

8. Said thanks:

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Deb
    Surgery date
    03/07/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ismael Cabrera
    Last Activity
    10-29-2020 06:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 80 Times
    Was Thanked 119 Times in 107 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 149 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrells87 View Post
    Hello! I am currently in the same situation! I am 4 weeks post op and I lost my first 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks. I haven't lost anymore and I am still doing two protein shakes a day and one small soft foods meal at lunch. Also exercising everyday, vigorously! Any Advice? I'm feeling very discouraged!
    Many people stall at about three weeks or so - it's very common. Keep doing what you're doing. The laws of thermodynamics will be obeyed, I promise!!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. (Not Gandhi's exact words, but close enough)

11. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    08/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times

May I suggest that you go on Atkins and Low Fat? While you are at it, dig in and wait out the stall. I mean after all, who doesn't like waiting out a stall....

I'm sorry for that last sentence. I'm not supposed to be posting on a thread where advice was asked for....much less have an opinion and express it my own, unique way.....lol

PM me if you are interested in how I solved your problems for myself. It's not the gospel, but, it did work for me and it works for lots of folks on here too.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Laycock
    Said "Thanks" 84 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 67 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 69 Times

Quote Originally Posted by EsTeRap View Post
    I thought i was very clear that i don't need bullying and character assassination. please use your skills on someone else. i appreciate if you do not respond to my posts.
    There is an ignore button on here so you do not need to see the comments of people like that. Life is much better on here when you use it. Also, don't bother responding to that as some just have to get the last word no matter what. Move on, and just remember this and give encouragement to the next person you see attacked. (((hugs)))

Edited to add- one final tip... there are many really supportive and helpful people here who have really good information to share. I look alot of times at their own tickers to see just how experienced they are in this, especially if they blow their own horn and insinuate they are experts. There are MANY people on here who have obtained a "normal" BMI. I am excited when I see that because that is where I dream of being! So I listen extra close to their advice. I take with a grain of salt people who claim full long-term success when they would have to be over 7 ft tall to have a healthy BMI.

14. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    08/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MBL View Post
    There is an ignore button on here so you do not need to see the comments of people like that. Life is much better on here when you use it. Also, don't bother responding to that as some just have to get the last word no matter what. Move on, and just remember this and give encouragement to the next person you see attacked. (((hugs)))

Always remember and never forget...that ignore button works both ways. I just wish there was a "stalker button".

oooops...sorry....

Surgery date
    08/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times

Edited to add- one final tip... there are many really supportive and helpful people here who have really good information to share. I look alot of times at their own tickers to see just how experienced they are in this, especially if they blow their own horn and insinuate they are experts. There are MANY people on here who have obtained a "normal" BMI. I am excited when I see that because that is where I dream of being! So I listen extra close to their advice. I take with a grain of salt people who claim full long-term success when they would have to be over 7 ft tall to have a healthy BMI.

LOLOLOLOL...If that snarky, passive aggressive, edit to your last post wasn't directed at me, then let me apologize for what I am about to type.

However, if it was directed at me....that I am literally begging you to continue reading. Something tells me that I probably should have done this via the private message route, but, I'm having too much fun to keep it a secret.

From Wikipedia.......

For a given height, BMI is proportional to mass. However, for a given mass, BMI is inversely proportional to the square of the height. So, if all body dimensions double, and mass scales naturally with the cube of the height, then BMI doubles instead of remaining the same. This results in taller people having a reported BMI that is uncharacteristically high compared to their actual body fat levels.

Now...factor in that I played college/professional sports for some of my adult life and as such, have a much, much, more dense, muscular frame than a man of my age and build normally has and you get the BMI that indicates that I am overweight, when in fact, I am not.

When I was 21 yrs old, I was 6'3" and weighed 280 lbs. I had a 36" waist and a 52" chest.

According to your vaunted BMI index, I was considered obese, and more over, close to morbidly obese. That is freaking laughable.

Today, I weigh what I did in college. I am still 6'3" and my weight is stated. According to your BMI scale, I am considered obese and close to morbidly obese. Take a look at my pictures. Do they indicate that I am morbidly obese?

I took my routine physical at the end of last year and the results are as follows

Age 51

BP 129/80
    Resting pulse 80
    Cholesterol 152
    LDL 88
    HDL 43
    Triclycerides 93
    Fasting Glucose 76

I am scheduled for another routine tune up in two weeks.

I got those results by eating what I want, when I want, and made the way I want.

And not to brag...but I'm gonna....I can still bench press 325 lbs. I walk/run between 3-4 miles a day. I can do more but my knees won't allow me to. When I don't walk/run, I swim. I can swim a mile without stopping...although it takes me about 40 minutes to do it and my heart rate is consistently at about 115-120. I'm not Michael Phelps....lol.

Again....no signs of morbid obesity.

I can take all the shots you want to send my way. I am very willing to take criticism, and, I have publicly stated that I will retract statements and apologize when it is indicated that I do so. There, I just did it again.

Man....those stats indicate I am about to keel over and drop dead any second.

I'm really not sure why you don't like me. And furthermore, I don't care. However, when you call my authenticity and my intentions into play, then I will always fight back. Whether you want to admit it or not, you and I have a lot in common. We were both fat. We both failed miserably trying to lose weight using traditional methods. We both want to improve our lives and that starts with losing weight. We both made the best decisions of our lives.

Where our paths take divergent means is how we communicate that. I post page after page after page of suggestions and methods that worked for me. I am very consistent in how I post. No surprises. I will always post a no b.s. approach and I will get after those who I think need it. I don't need your permission. This is a public forum and you have the right to block me and ignore my posts all you want. In fact, I am asking you to do just that. However, I won't be blocking you or anyone on here.

You, on the other hand, take shots at me. You have this idea that this board should be about (((hugs))) and support and ribbons and trophies for all participants. Some of that is needed, but not all of it and certainly not for all participants and lurkers.

So, I tell you what, you leave me alone, and I will leave you alone. But, should you continue with your passive aggressive, snarky, posts about me and to me, then you'll get it all back...and in spades.

I'm offering a truce.

Gastric Sleeve Member happyrock4680's Avatar
    Surgery date
    05/09/2014
    Surgeon
    dr Victor liew
    Last Activity
    07-31-2014 07:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

Same happened to me, I wasn't get enough fluids or protein. Have reassessed my eating so see how it goes , only started 2 days ago & already sick of fluids. Having said that I know I'm dehydrated though by my skin.
    Good luck

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/31/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times

I hear you. I suppose we are the minority whose bodies are super resistant. I am almost at 3 months point now and the loss is super slow. 22-25lb the most. I did not loose any in my second month, now in the last 2 weeks, it seems like I list a couple of pounds... I just made up my mind that it is not going yo be what I expected and it is going to be a very slow process. It's better for our skin though! patience and hope for you. It will keep going down slowly, I am sure. Healthy small meals and physical activity. There is nothing else we can do but wait. I wish all the best for you.

Name
    Nakeshia Williams
    Surgery date
    03/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. F. Ayoola
    Last Activity
    12-31-2015 10:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 71 Times in 67 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,035 Times
    Blog Entries

you are always losing in some way. You may losing inches. Your body goes through changes. You will experience stalls at times, just keep doing what you are uppose to and it will pay off in the end

8 month goal- 185 lbs (Conquered 11.5.2014, 12 days before I hit 8 months)
    12 month goal-175 lbs (Conquered 3.5.2014, 12 days before I hit 12 months)
    Final goal- 170 lbs. (2 lbs to this goal)

103 lbs lost... I ROCK!!!!!!!!!

20. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    04/29/2014
    Surgeon
    David Schroeder
    Last Activity
    12-26-2015 07:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 145 Times
    Was Thanked 106 Times in 82 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Are you exercising at all? I've found that key for me, as well as following the rules (protein, water, etc). I don't think I've stalled at all, unless you can count a stall as three days long (I don't, myself). I started exercising 10 days post op when my weight loss slowed down a lot, and that kicked off the loss again. For about two weeks (weeks 6-8), my weight loss did crawl along, but I've just started losing easily again.

I have a treadmill in my garage and started with just a gentle walk - I only managed ten minutes and was gasping :-) I'm now up to a run/jog for 15 minutes and a fast walk for the last 5 minutes. I only do 20 minutes at a time, but it push myself each time. If I feel any part of it is getting easy, I up the pace. I'm getting strong, toned legs and I'm losing inches without realising until I put slimmer clothes on.

Anyway, good luck. You will get there and sometimes your body just needs time to adjust to what you've done. We're all here supporting you :-)
    1 month post op - 17.2kg/37lbs/2.7st lost
    2 months - 8.6kg/18lbs/1.37st
    3 months - 5.1kg/11lbs
    4 months - 5kg/11lbs
    5 months - 4.1kg/9lbs
    6 months - 4.5kg/9lbs
    73.1=50kg 7/12/14
    72.8kg=8st 10/12/14
    68.1=55kg,SURGEON'S GOAL!! & "normal" BMI - 20 Jan 15

66kg=9st, MY GOAL!!! 12 Feb 2015!!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/15/2015
    Surgeon
    James Wooldridge Jr
    Last Activity
    07-06-2014 11:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times

Dear EsTrRap: I have heard of this happening a lot of people and all I can say is visualize you smaller or go buy your self that dress you all ways wanted in the smaller size, then talk to your dietitian about it that what she's there for, I hear from people that stalls r normal my exercise coach says that it can be cause from not eating the right food to not mixing your exercise routine up, muscle memory they call it. so don't just give up yet.