09/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Phillip Leggett
    Last Activity
    11-11-2015 05:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 106 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 45 Times

Default 2nd Nut Visit, 2 Down 4 More To Go!

So today was my second visit with my nut. The last time I saw her I was 311.2 and I weighed in today at 307.6. So that was progress. Our visit was very short and sweet. She made no comment about my weight short of charting it and we mostly talked about the importance of protein consumption after surgery and sources of protien. That is great info however since this is supposed to be my medically supervised diet plan, I am curious what she's actually charting on me. Especially since we don't talk much about my current diet. It seems to all be about preperation for pre-op and post-op diet. So 2 down 4 more to go!

Highest Weight: 324
    Pre-Op Consult: 314
    End of Pre-Op Diet: 298
    Day of Surgery: 298
    1st Post Op Visit: 288.5 (-25.5)

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member bmiller140's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Bonnie
    Surgery date
    05/29/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Chad Carlton
    Last Activity
    11-17-2014 11:16 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 163 Times in 156 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 99 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2nd Nut Visit, 2 Down 4 More To Go!

Seems like every time I post i'm recommending a book to people. But it has been so helpful to me I just have to tell you. You can get the book on Amazon and it is titled "Weight Loss Surgery: The Real Skinny" by Dr. Nick Nicholson. Dr. Nicholson has a bariatric clinic in Dallas and I am working with one of his surgeons. This book covers everything including food, the surgical procedures, and emotional challenges. Easy read in one evening but great reference material too.

Good Luck - Bonnie

Name
    Sonny
    Surgery date
    09/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Waggoner
    Last Activity
    05-27-2016 07:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 52 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrskennedy2000 View Post
    So today was my second visit with my nut. The last time I saw her I was 311.2 and I weighed in today at 307.6. So that was progress. Our visit was very short and sweet. She made no comment about my weight short of charting it and we mostly talked about the importance of protein consumption after surgery and sources of protien. That is great info however since this is supposed to be my medically supervised diet plan, I am curious what she's actually charting on me. Especially since we don't talk much about my current diet. It seems to all be about preperation for pre-op and post-op diet. So 2 down 4 more to go!
    Hi, I'm also from Houston! I have my 3rd NUT visit next week. My 2nd visit was short and sweet too. All she wanted was a packet of info she gave me on the first visit, she must have wanted to cover something in the packet. The packet was a joke, after reading all the good info on this site. I literally laughed when she mentioned it and kinda chastised me for not bringing it back. We spent some time going over my food logs and she didn't seem too concerned either, just cautioned me on fried foods and asked me to try some protein shakes. I got lucky and first protein shake mix I tried, I liked.

I also found myself curious what she was charting. Not sure what I was expecting so not sure why I was surprised.

Oh and Congratulations on the progress, I imagine you are a bit excited and maybe even anxious to move the process along. I know I am!

Gastric Sleeve Member mrskennedy2000's Avatar
    Name
    Shawnna
    Surgery date
    09/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Phillip Leggett
    Last Activity
    11-11-2015 05:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 106 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 45 Times

Hi Sonny,

Which protein shakes are you trying? I purchased a few to try the other day and am praying I like them. In the past I didn't like the taste of protien shakes.

Like you I was not sure what I was expecting but even with that I was expecting something more than what's happening lol

Thank you and Yes I am very excited. I am trying to live everyday in the moment and not become too anxious however I am beyond ready! In the meantime I am doing my part to loose weight now and develop healthy habits so that trasitioning after surgery will be as seamless as possible.

Highest Weight: 324
    Pre-Op Consult: 314
    End of Pre-Op Diet: 298
    Day of Surgery: 298
    1st Post Op Visit: 288.5 (-25.5)