10/31/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Elias Ortiz
    Last Activity
    05-03-2016 06:05 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Default NSV: Cloz Wars The Waistline Fights Back...

A long, long time ago.......(on the day known as Saturday)
    In a galaxy far far away..........(aka 'the mall')
    The Rebel sleever was sent on a covert mission in the galaxy far,far away...
    Mission: procure new garments befitting a worthy rebel sleever!!!
    Ha!
    Many hours spent scouring in the different sectors of the galaxy......Macy's, Dillard's, Kohls, Ross, Marhall's Lane Bryant, Victoria Secret.....
    No success, not one evil storm trooper captured...........not one garment procured........
    Last attempt in the sector known as Old Navy.......... wishing for pretty socks at least????? socks always fit...... right?, don't they?
    Clothing drone assists with sizing........rebel sleever no longer fits in 14's as they are super baggy......not believing 12 will fit waistline yet.......success ....12's fit..... clothing drone..... assesses fit to be negative......brings in 10's............. rebel sleever dies from shock on changing unit floor.......they fit...........decides "Cloz Wars" are won by all the Rebel sleevers! Justice is served.
    Evil Empire goes down in flames( also know as: all the non-supporters, nay sayers, "sleeve experts", your everyday assholes against sleeve surgery, general saboteurs, haters and the jealously harpies) STAR WARS VICTORY MUSIC PLAYS!!!!
    Whistling like a bad ass Jedi Rebel as I strolled out of the store with my sizes 10's.........got the socks too....lmao!

Ok my friends I know it was a dorky story, but it opened a awesome can of wonderful that's lasted the whole week. I hope each and every one of you has the same experience in some form or another.

I am at that screwed up stage where nothing fits....I'm like a size and quarter, or a bra cup & a 3rd...........nothing fits right......and its frustrated laughter because I'm impossible to fit right now, all to big.... another few pounds and it will all be good again. Much better than disgusted tears of frustration when its all too tight because you gained yet another 10 pds.
    I've been stalled for the last little while, loosing a little slower, only a pound or two here and there, more due to psyche, and retrospect. Doing my own mental housing cleaning now that I'm half way there because you still have the same demons, same issues.. they ar smaller now, easier to deal with, but still there. Its a good thing to do, I believe it keeps you balanced and reminds you that the sleeve is still just a tool that you have to work to be success and focused.

I think the stalls are actually a good thing, not the evil most make them out to be. take them as a break, reevaluate, and re- access yourself. Every 20/30 pds I do think you need to change it up a little.
    Use the stalls as a tool too....don't get all pouty, dramatic, and depressed....."its not working anymore!!!". That's your old "m.o." my friends, don't fall for it. I have played with new foods, and drinks etc. when the stalls show up, and usually a few stress free days help it. I'll try new proteins, I'll treat myself to a skinny vanilla latte at starbucks.....and do what the tells me to do.....RELAX, cause my body needs the break and a change.

So my fellow rebel sleevers I suggest the following:
    1. take your NSV' for what they are: validation you made the right choice, and you are progressing.
    2. measure your body every so often, its a great success tool
    3. try new things: go roller skate, get on your bike, walk on the beach or in the mountains, do something different-learn to rock climb indoors, take a ballet or ballroom dancing class. It doesn't all have to be about the gym and the scale!!!! This is your new life, have fun while doing it!
    4. Here is your new assignment: the Photo Project... have your photo taken.....a lot. Do it with family and friends, unplanned, unposed, just candid shots. Its so much better than a before and after idea...... I wish I could have had a photo of everyday that I have gotten a compliment on losing weight, with the person that gave it, so I could see what they saw thru their eyes......the wonderment of someone telling you that you're gorgeous, sexy, healthy, great, hot etc. I want to see what that looks like to other people, and how it looks on me.........interesting thought eh?

Be well my friends, and may you all see your successes big or small!
    Peaceful dreams,
    BQ

Starting weight 265
    Surgery Day 249
    Current weight 188
    weight lost 77
    1st goal met! lost 50 pds 12/28/13 8 weeks post op! awesome!!!
    1/3/14 Mini goal met! out of the 2-teens this morning!
    2nd goal get out of the 200's Goal 2/11/14 met this morning 199.6
    2/23/14 194
    3/13/14 191
    3/15/14 188
    3rd goal 180
    4th goal 160
    final goal 140

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Canned MessagesEdit Canned Messages

FontSize

. .
    Show your signature

Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait
    « Full Liquids....::sigh:: | wrong forum...sighs »

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
    None

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Submit to Digg Digg
    Submit to del.icio.us del.icio.us
    Submit to StumbleUpon StumbleUpon
    Submit to Google Google

Posting Permissions

You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may post attachments
    You may edit your posts

BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    [VIDEO] code is On
    HTML code is On
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

Forum Rules

Subscribe to RSS
    Like us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter
    Contact Us
    GastricSleeve.com
    Archive

Copyright © 2014 Gastric Sleeve. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NSV:Cloz Wars The Waistline Fights Back......

LinkBack
    LinkBack URL
    About LinkBacks

Search Thread

Rate This Thread

Today 10:12 PM #1

bubblequeen

bubblequeen is online now Gastric Sleeve Member bubblequeen's Avatar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have had a gastric sleeve.Name:rebeccaSurgery date:10/31/2013Surgeonr. Elias OrtizJoin Date:Oct 2013Location:california
    Was Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Default NSV:Cloz Wars The Waistline Fights Back......

A long, long time ago.......(on the day known as Saturday)
    In a galaxy far far away..........(aka 'the mall')
    The Rebel sleever was sent on a covert mission in the galaxy far,far away...
    Mission: procure new garments befitting a worthy rebel sleever!!!
    Ha!
    Many hours spent scouring in the different sectors of the galaxy......Macy's, Dillard's, Kohls, Ross, Marhall's Lane Bryant, Victoria Secret.....
    No success, not one evil storm trooper captured...........not one garment procured........
    Last attempt in the sector known as Old Navy.......... wishing for pretty socks at least????? socks always fit...... right?, don't they?
    Clothing drone assists with sizing........rebel sleever no longer fits in 14's as they are super baggy......not believing 12 will fit waistline yet.......success ....12's fit..... clothing drone..... assesses fit to be negative......brings in 10's............. rebel sleever dies from shock on changing unit floor.......they fit...........decides "Cloz Wars" are won by all the Rebel sleevers! Justice is served.
    Evil Empire goes down in flames( also know as: all the non-supporters, nay sayers, "sleeve experts", your everyday assholes against sleeve surgery, general saboteurs, haters and the jealously harpies) STAR WARS VICTORY MUSIC PLAYS!!!!
    Whistling like a bad ass Jedi Rebel as I strolled out of the store with my sizes 10's.........got the socks too....lmao!

Ok my friends I know it was a dorky story, but it opened a awesome can of wonderful that's lasted the whole week. I hope each and every one of you has the same experience in some form or another.

I am at that screwed up stage where nothing fits....I'm like a size and quarter, or a bra cup & a 3rd...........nothing fits right......and its frustrated laughter because I'm impossible to fit right now, all to big.... another few pounds and it will all be good again. Much better than disgusted tears of frustration when its all too tight because you gained yet another 10 pds.
    I've been stalled for the last little while, loosing a little slower, only a pound or two here and there, more due to psyche, and retrospect. Doing my own mental housing cleaning now that I'm half way there because you still have the same demons, same issues.. they ar smaller now, easier to deal with, but still there. Its a good thing to do, I believe it keeps you balanced and reminds you that the sleeve is still just a tool that you have to work to be success and focused.

I think the stalls are actually a good thing, not the evil most make them out to be. take them as a break, reevaluate, and re- access yourself. Every 20/30 pds I do think you need to change it up a little.
    Use the stalls as a tool too....don't get all pouty, dramatic, and depressed....."its not working anymore!!!". That's your old "m.o." my friends, don't fall for it. I have played with new foods, and drinks etc. when the stalls show up, and usually a few stress free days help it. I'll try new proteins, I'll treat myself to a skinny vanilla latte at starbucks.....and do what the tells me to do.....RELAX, cause my body needs the break and a change.

So my fellow rebel sleevers I suggest the following:
    1. take your NSV' for what they are: validation you made the right choice, and you are progressing.
    2. measure your body every so often, its a great success tool
    3. try new things: go roller skate, get on your bike, walk on the beach or in the mountains, do something different-learn to rock climb indoors, take a ballet or ballroom dancing class. It doesn't all have to be about the gym and the scale!!!! This is your new life, have fun while doing it!
    4. Here is your new assignment: the Photo Project... have your photo taken.....a lot. Do it with family and friends, unplanned, unposed, just candid shots. Its so much better than a before and after idea...... I wish I could have had a photo of everyday that I have gotten a compliment on losing weight, with the person that gave it, so I could see what they saw thru their eyes......the wonderment of someone telling you that you're gorgeous, sexy, healthy, great, hot etc. I want to see what that looks like to other people, and how it looks on me.........interesting thought eh?

Be well my friends, and may you all see your successes big or small!
    Peaceful dreams,
    BQ

Starting weight 265
    Surgery Day 249
    Current weight 188
    weight lost 77
    1st goal met! lost 50 pds 12/28/13 8 weeks post op! awesome!!!
    1/3/14 Mini goal met! out of the 2-teens this morning!
    2nd goal get out of the 200's Goal 2/11/14 met this morning 199.6
    2/23/14 194
    3/13/14 191
    3/15/14 188
    3rd goal 180
    4th goal 160
    final goal 140

Edit / Delete Edit Post Send PM To bubblequeenPM Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post .

Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Navigation Questions And Answers For Those Considering A Gastric Sleeve Top

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Canned MessagesEdit Canned Messages

FontSize

. .
    Show your signature

Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait
    « Full Liquids....::sigh:: | wrong forum...sighs »