Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member GettingAngBack's Avatar
    Last Activity
    05-11-2014 10:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Knoxville, TN surgeon recommendations

So I started the UT program (Mancini brothers) and so far it's been a great experience. I'm about 2 months in. I haven't met with the particular surgeons yet but the staff has been great. However, I saw my endocrinologist yesterday and he (beating around the bush) said you want the best of the best and for him it is Dr. Boyce. Now I'm torn on what to do. I do want the best of the best but want to know from people that have had the surgery. I have a friend that Mancini did hers and she is doing great and another friend that had Boyce and she is doing great. Ugh, decisions, decisions!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Bufflehead's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. K. Robert Williams
    Last Activity
    08-14-2017 02:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times
    Was Thanked 180 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 44 Times

Default Re: Knoxville, TN surgeon recommendations

Hey there! I have had friends use the Mancinis and they have done great. I actually used Dr. Boyce's associate, Dr. Williams, and am very happy with him. He's a fantastic surgeon and a great guy too. I sent both Boyce and Williams's profiles to my sister, who is a physician, and she recommended going with Dr. Williams based on a number of factors.
    However, if you are happy with the Mancinis, I would say stick with them. They have a great reputation. Also, to be blunt, the Boyce/Williams practice will cost you a lot more money with required food purchases, high program fees, etc. If by any chance you are a UT employee you will save a lot of money by having your surgery at the UT hospital, as they waive co-pays etc. for UT employees.

Gastric Sleeve Member GettingAngBack's Avatar
    Last Activity
    05-11-2014 10:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Thank you! I'm not a UT employee but my friend that used Mancini was that's why I wanted some other opinions. I haven't heard any negatives from either so I'm sure I will be fine no matter what direction I go just wanted to maybe get an outsider opinion. Thank you so much!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    04/01/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ariel Ortiz
    Last Activity
    04-06-2015 07:03 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Hey there, did you ever have your surgery? Im in knoxville as well and have a consult next week with williams.