Surgeon
    Dr Enrique Whittwell
    Last Activity
    05-04-2014 10:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default 17 days post op

Hi, I'm new to this site. I had surgery on March 3, 2014. My weight on my first day of the pre op liquid diet was 301lbs. I'm currently at 264lbs. I'm super happy and feeling great! My surgery went great, 6 hours after my surgery I was walking around the hospital. I was discharged the next day and I must say I've been truly blessed. I never expierenced pain, nausea...anything. The one thing that was aweful was having my JP drain removed. That hurt! It was horrible but luckily it only hurts for that minute (which feels like 10 lol) that the physician is removing it. I'm looking forward to the future.
    I have concerns though about the hair loss. I already have thinning hair prior to the surgery so that's a big concern for me. I'd love to hear from someone with the same problem. I know not everyones the same but its a little comforting to know what to expect.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    03-30-2014 08:22 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: 17 days post op

Thinning hair or hair loss is usually due to lack of protein. It's common for it to happen after surgery because your body is "getting adjusted" to the new changes. I'd encourage you to keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon and a;so meet with a Bariatric dietician who can discuss lifestyle changes, eating and exercising behaviors. Believe it or not they help alot, very informative especially if you find a good one!

Gastric Sleeve Member Vicky1317's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/03/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Enrique Whittwell
    Last Activity
    05-04-2014 10:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: 17 days post op

On my next appointment with my physician I'll ask him about the dietician. I'm in the healthcare field so I know alot of the do's and dont's of nutrition. I was just someone who was obese who didn't care what I ate... until it started affecting my health ( diabetes, hypertension, PCOS). With such a small amount of weight loss thus far ( compared to what I still need to loose) Im starting to feel great. I went from 3 diabetes pills to 1. From 2 blood pressure pills to 1. Eventually to none...thats... priceless! All worth the $15,000.00 the surgery cost me.