Surgery date
    04/15/2014
    Surgeon
    Nicholson
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 142 Times in 132 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,927 Times

Question Nausea & Sensitivity to Pain Meds

I am less than a month from my surgery with Dr. Nick in Dallas. I live in Fl. They have already called in multiple prescriptions. I have 4 scripts for nausea alone (not counting what they will give me in the IV). I have a gel that I rub between my wrists, the patch for night before, sublingual anti-nausea, and Emend (1 pill which costs almost $70 for ONE pill). Ok, so I guess nausea is a big deal for some and a not-so-big-deal for others. I am going to take everything I can get because I don't want to be in the hospital and wish I had bought the one pill that supposedly lasts for several days.

As well, I am scared because they prescribed me hydrocodone which I have on my allergy list. It makes me really sick/vomiting with itching and hives. Also,I had a surgery in Oct whereby I was in ICU for a day and I was given dilaudid. It helped me the first few times I had it but suddenly after a dose of it, I started vomiting/heaving. I was also given benedryl for the itchiness. It is my understanding that I may not have a deadly allergy to these meds, but just a high sensitivity. I guess the bottom line is: I am concerned that I am not going to have adequate pain control.

Also does anyone know anything about the left side muscle stitch that Dr. Nick does? Apparently it is a very tight stitch and it "pops" somewhere between 3-6 weeks and before the stitch pops, it causes quite a bit of pain for some. Chime in if you guys know about any of this stuff. Sorry this post is kind of all over the place. I do appreciate everyone's input.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member sociologist's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Margaret
    Surgery date
    11/18/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Borland
    Last Activity
    03-01-2020 07:27 PM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 263 Times in 255 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 170 Times

Default Re: Nausea & Sensitivity to Pain Meds

I have a huge list of drug allergies...codeine, darvon, vicodan, percodan, oxycontin. I didnt need any pain or nausea meds. The surgery itself was easy peasy for me. Best of luck:-)
    Margaret
    1 month: 25 lost (194-10 day stall)
    3 months: 9 lost (173-halfway to goal!)
    5 months: 7 lost (161-1week stall)
    7 months: 4 lost (152-4 week stall)
    9 months: 1 lost (145-1 month stall)
    10 months: 0 lost (145-2month stall
    14 months: 0 lost (145-7 month stall)

My goal: 145...originally 129 but my body said no!