Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    01-25-2016 11:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default I'm back and this time, it's a GO!!!

I stopped frequenting these boards when I was initially not cleared for surgery. I had alot of GI related issues and initially thought I had gastroparesis. Come to find out I don't and haven't haven't had any "gastric episodes" in seven months. Still don't know what caused it but ready to move forward.

Some changes: I tried to change my doctor from my last profile, but it would not let me. So I had to create a new profile. No worries, it's still me .

But who is me?

I'm Susan from Central Florida. I'm mom to 2 amazing kids (no, really, they are amazing ...). Turned the big 4-0 this past January. I have a goal to complete the Disney Princess Half Marathon next February. My family are big Disney fans (I mean like go to the parks 1-2 a month kind of fans), love to go camping (when we don't go to Disney....but try to camp AT Disney as much as we can).

Anything else I can tell ya about me? Just ask. Happy to answer back. Especially if its about Disney. Can you tell how much we love that place??

I am heading south to Boca Raton to see Dr. Shillingford for sleeve sometime in May or June. It would be sooner but I have to fit this in my husband's crazy travel schedule!!! Look forward to seeing ya around the boards and maybe in South Florida if you are heading to the same doctor!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Stephanie
    Surgery date
    08/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Ben-David
    Last Activity
    01-09-2015 09:50 PM
    Grew up in Miami Fl now in Gainesville Fl
    Said "Thanks" 301 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 70 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 155 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I'm back and this time, it's a GO!!!

Hi there I am Stephanie and I live in Gainesville Fl.. Guess what I am not a Gator.. Big surprise they let me live in this town.. Anyways, I just turned 40 this pass November and I have two amazing daughters (yes really they are) they are 16 and 9. I also have a goal to run the Princess Run at Disney. I want to make me up a super cute tutu and be a sweaty princess for the day.. I have not been sleeved yet but any moment now I should, better be, hearing from my insurance company or this Chickie will not be happy.

You can edit your doctor.. Its under my setting and the edit profile.. go down to additional info and you will see blue wording.. That is where you do it. I had to change my doctor also and took me forever to figure this out.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    01-25-2016 11:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hi Stephanie...well....I tried for a hour to edit the doctor, but I'm ok with my new profile. Don't worry, I'm not a Gator fan, either . (Yes, I'm SEC fan, just not Gator, or GA, or Alabama). That aside, I agree about the cute stuff out there to run in! I would be a lot of fun to have a group meet up for the race! I'm not looking to do a 1.5 hour type thing. Heck, I just want to finish--upright! Checkout Sparkle Skirts for some awesome running skirts. They do have plus sizes, too. Nice to feel pretty, even when 'glistening.' They are *awesome* skirts and do not ride, move or irrate. Not paid for this...just a loyal customer .

Thanks for your kind words. We'll have to keep in touch over the next year for our sleeves, recovery, and training for the Princess!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/15/2014
    Surgeon
    Nicholson
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 142 Times in 132 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,927 Times

Welcome. Best of wishes.

6. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    02/07/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr.Kim Celebration,Fl. 2/7
    Last Activity
    05-11-2016 10:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 57 Times
    Was Thanked 275 Times in 247 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 435 Times

Hi Orange.. Welcome back! I am so from Central Florida .. Atleast I have been for the last 9 winter seasons. A bit older than you and Steph. I have never been to Disney but have been several times in Calif.
    I plan my first trip to Disney to be when both my grand daughters are here.

I have been sleeved almost 6 weeks now .
    01/2013 information group 225. ,ht 5' 5". BMI. 37.5 ,01/30 /2014. Start pre op diet 218 lbs 2/7 .. Surgery. ..214. ..2/14...204. 03/1..206 ??.. March 6 (4 week check up 202lb. March. 8.. First goal . 199.4. BMI. 33.1. April1. .192.5. May 7. 188.6
    Jun 1. 178. BMI. 29.2. .reached a Goal.. No longer obese!!!? 7-01. ..174 , 08/1,..1965.. 08/7......14 months. 149...a normal BMI ...

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member ShadowCruiser's Avatar
    Surgery date
    05/09/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Shillingford
    Last Activity
    08-17-2015 02:49 PM
    Said "Thanks" 54 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 46 Times
    Blog Entries

How was your experience with Dr. Kim, Aqua? He was on my short list, considering I'm less than a hour away from Celebration. His self pay rates were a bit steep, not to mention the pre-op requirements are not included. I am not even waiting to deal with insurance; one of my kids is on the autism spectrum, and not ONE of her services are covered. (That's another rant, another post, another day..) The paperwork insurance gives ya that says this is covered, that is covered, etc, says that bariatric services are not covered. Sure, I could prob go in and fight for it and code it differently to have insurance pay for it. But all in all, I feel I would lose time when I could just take care of it and get on to the recovery part. (Thank goodness for some pennies from heaven via a small inheritance!!!)

I hope you enjoy WDW with your grandkids! When you say winter seasons, are you a snowbird? Or are you down here permanently? We moved back to FL in 2005, after 4 years away. Missed it too much and couldn't wait to come back. We lived in Orlando from 96-2001.

Thanks Melrose for your welcome!

Follow my VGS journey on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Shadow__Cruiser (2 underscores b/t names)
    Follow my VGS journey on Blogger: http://lacesinthemiddle.blogspot.com/

Gastric Sleeve Member Stacy'sSleevedLife's Avatar
    Name
    Stacy
    Surgery date
    02/13/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Illan
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Was Thanked 384 Times in 331 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,914 Times
    Blog Entries

Hello Susan and welcome to the forum.

Good luck,
    Stacy
    Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg