I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    02-24-2014 09:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hello, I'm new!

Hi,
    My name is Claudia, and I am pre-surgery as of right now. I have gone through multiple test about to have my psych evaluation tomorrow and then next visit with my surgeon March 10th. Getting really nervous, going to set a date soon, I hope. a little background I'm a 25yr old female from IL, I have been struggling with my weight since I was about 7. I lost a little in high school thanks to track but gained most of it back once I went to college. I am at my heaviest 233 lbs. And have a couple of things because of it I'm at risk for diabetes and have PCOS. I'm ready for a change and have taken all the necessary steps to go through with surgery. I was looking for a place in where I can ask others about their experiences. How it was post op, what kind of side affects did they face, and most of all is it all worth it? I believe it will be but I would like to know what others that have already gone through think/

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgeon
    Dr Brown
    Last Activity
    11-10-2014 12:33 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 61 Times

Default Re: Hello, I'm new!

Welcome! I just completed my psych, dietician and nutritionist appointments last week. Now just waiting for my insurance approval and then to schedule the date. I too have PCOS.

Congrats on taking the first step toward a new life!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Leann
    Surgery date
    04/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Emma Patterson
    Last Activity
    09-18-2016 03:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Was Thanked 154 Times in 143 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 323 Times

Default Re: Hello, I'm new!

I recommend you spend a couple of hours reading on this forum and you will find out way more than you can hold at one time. You will see some recently post-op people that are frustrated, some stalled people that are struggling and pre-op people that are nervous. Read the recently posted threat called "Genuine Regret", you will see what many, many people feel about this surgery longer term.

If this surgery were available when I was your age it would have changed my life (but not regrets, I've had a wonderful life). I'm 58 now and loving life. The sleeve added years to my life and it was the best decision that I've ever made. Ask me anything.

Good luck to you and you will find lots of information and support here on the forum.

Last but not least - beautiful dog!

Dec. 19, 2012 - 309 pounds
    April 10, 2013 - 266 pounds
    April 12, 2013 - 272 pounds (I gained 6 pounds after surgery but have been steadily losing since then)
    November 21, 2013 - 209 - 100 pounds lost!!!!!
    January 1, 2014 - 205 - down is down after the holidays
    January 30, 2014 - 199.4 - first time in the 100's in over 30 years!