Last Activity
    05-09-2014 10:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Default March 5th 2014 Sleever Here

Hello Everyone,
    I just joined this page to get more information and support from others who have has VSG or are planning on having it done. I have already scheduled my surgery for 3/5/2014 with Almanza and I just cannot wait for the date to get here! I have been overweight for most of my life and I just don't remember living any other way. I have two little girls and I want them to live a healthy life and to stop asking me why my tummy is so big! I want to be there for them as they get older and have a good quality of life. I avoid a lot of things in my life because of my weight. I am ready to start living!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-17-2015 03:45 PM
    Said "Thanks" 23 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: March 5th 2014 Sleever Here

Hi there= well you will go beforeI do. I am scheduled for the 12th right now. I am excited and a little apprehensive. I know I've made the best decisions for me. YAY US!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick2Fit Rose View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I just joined this page to get more information and support from others who have has VSG or are planning on having it done. I have already scheduled my surgery for 3/5/2014 with Almanza and I just cannot wait for the date to get here! I have been overweight for most of my life and I just don't remember living any other way. I have two little girls and I want them to live a healthy life and to stop asking me why my tummy is so big! I want to be there for them as they get older and have a good quality of life. I avoid a lot of things in my life because of my weight. I am ready to start living!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Blog Entries

Yes, Yay us! I will start a blog post soon and give all the details of what goes down! beginning with my pre-op diet.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member rachelaguilar09's Avatar
    Name
    Rachel Aguilar
    Surgery date
    03/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-26-2016 11:50 AM
    Said "Thanks" 22 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 194 Times
    Blog Entries

How exciting! I'm scheduled on March 17 with Dr Almanza too. Yay us!!! Good luck ladies

Pre op: 264
    Day of Surgery: 259
    1Month:
    2Months:

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member conniec@sw.rr.com's Avatar
    Name
    Connie
    Surgery date
    02/25/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Lee Schmitt
    Last Activity
    06-12-2015 08:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 99 Times

My surgery is scheduled for 2/25/14 with Dr Schmitt in Trussville Alabama. I too have been fat my whole life. I had the lap band and initially lost 76 lbs and then my esophagus dilates with any fill restriction.
    Im having it removed at the same time. My weight is at an all time high and I am just miserable. Good luck with everybody's journey's.

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/04/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Steven Kelly
    Last Activity
    02-12-2015 08:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 22 Times

I'm the day before you on the other side of the earth!!! I don't start my official pre op diet until tomorrow but have been eating in preparation for the last three weeks - protein drink for breaky and lunch and 50grm protein and veges for dinner.
    The last three weeks have gone pretty well - although not much weight loss to show for it. But today, I am starving!!!!! It's got me a bit worried about the next two weeks to be honest! I will really miss normal food at night (meat and vege) and 3 shakes a day might just kill me! I have to hold my nose and skull down the protein shakes to keep them down, so also worried about having to sip them post surgery. It's lunchtime here in NZ and I'm completely hungry, but know if I have a shake now I won't last through the rest of the day without eating something of more substance, so I'm trying to hold off for a couple of hours! argghhh
    I can do it. I can do it. Have any others found this stage hard? there is comfort in company!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Blog Entries

You can do it!! I have 10 day liquid diet beginning next Sunday 2/23 but I am going to start shopping for protein drinks today and I know it will be really hard! I am going to order a bunch of samples to see what tastes better so I don't feel deprived! But I am going to eat jello if I'm missing food too much. Good luck! I am going to scare myself by thinking about how much it would suck if I went to get my surgery and they cancelled it because I cheated on my pre-op. You are ahead of me but I'll let you know how it goes! Stay strong I know you can do it!!