Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    08-05-2011 02:37 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default 2 Weeks Out Check Up ... Leak ... What do you do when you get home from Mexico???

For those who have already had their surgery I would like to know how do you handle the 2 week post op check up?? Where do you go your PCP???
    To be honest ... I'm not sure what the 2 week post op check up consists of so if someone can clear that up also it would be great.

Also ... in the event (prayerfully not) you get a leak what do you do? I know ... go to ER but I mean ... your surgeon is in Mexico so ... what do you do?

My surgery is in a few weeks so I'm on just going through the list of what if's ....

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/08/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos kelly
    Last Activity
    11-06-2013 01:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 189 Times
    Was Thanked 169 Times in 154 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 93 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2 Weeks Out Check Up ... Leak ... What do you do when you get home from Mexico???

I asked the dr. the same question, He told me that if you are going to have a leak it mostly happens within the first 48 hrs. after surgery, so thats why I am staying a few days longer, just to be safe!!! The two week ck up? not to sure about that. I was told just to go to my family dr. and have blood work done.my friend has had the surgery and she said all the dr. did was make her eat an egg, and be sure it stayed down.

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Connie
    Surgery date
    08/18/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-19-2016 11:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 746 Times
    Was Thanked 355 Times in 317 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 325 Times

Default Re: 2 Weeks Out Check Up ... Leak ... What do you do when you get home from Mexico???

I could be wrong but I believe the check up is to take out the stitches if you don't know how to.