Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    02-04-2014 08:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Switching from Band to Sleeve HELP!

Has anyone on here switched from the Band to the Sleeve? I am considering it. I have not had much success with the Band. I lost almost 100 lbs and then I got pregnant (not planned) and gained pretty much all of it back. The bad thing is I really cannot eat anything now with out it getting stuck! It is so frustrating and I cannot understand why I cannot loose it like I did before! I drink protein drinks in the morning and softer foods like yogurt and soups throughout the day. I am done with the band and I have heard this happens to a lot of women after getting pregnant. Is there anyone else out there with the same problem? Any advice? Should I switch to the sleeve? Thanks in advance!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member ellymae71281's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Elly
    Surgery date
    12/31/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jeffery Baker
    Last Activity
    11-22-2014 10:09 AM
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times
    Was Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Switching from Band to Sleeve HELP!

You can search the forums here for band to sleeve...I think there is even a group for people who have switched from the lapband to the sleeve...

Should you do it? Well...that is up to you. This is a huge lifestyle change and with a baby, you will need a great support system at home.

But, I am 5 weeks out and I am in the "buyers remorse" period...I hope sleevers who are 3-12 months out respond for you.