Surgeon
    Dr. George Crawford
    Last Activity
    04-25-2014 10:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default young band to sleeve

Hello VSGrs! I'm Katy and I'm 25 years old and I'm 1 month post op! I couldn't be happier with my decision to be sleeved and can't wait to see where this new journey takes me! Let me tell you a little about myself:

I've always been fat al my life. In fact, most of my childhood pictures feature me eating something (sad, I know). My parents and I tried many diets hat were safe for children, and finally when i was 16 we decided to look into WLS. We decided on the Lap Band, and i went under the knife (with my father, who also has a Band) in June of 2005.

It was great at first! I had dropped something like 130 Lbs. in 2 years! After a while though, I noticed that I wasn't having the restriction that I should, so we contacted my surgeon (not the same one that did my sleeve). After several tests and an EGD, we discovered that my band had eroded through the side of my stomach and was not restricting like it should, so it had to come out.

I had my Band removed in July of 2010, after 5 wonderful years of weight loss. It was the saddest day ever. I gained all of the weight back quickly. stupid depression.

Fast forward to August of 2013, and my dad is friends with our local bariatric surgeon. He started talking to (Dr. Crawford), and (Dr. Crawford) suggested that I look into the sleeve. I immediately started Googling and looking at the different success stories, and that's when I knew that it was for me! I had the procedure 4 months later and now I'm ready to see (permanent) results!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents