Dr. A. Ahmad
    Last Activity
    06-02-2016 04:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Question Eating...

I am 10 weeks post op.

Someday's I feel like I have no drive to eat. I have been eating mostly chicken, seafood. Red Meat pretty much grosses me out. I have never thrown up (yet) but I have come close.

I find myself wanting to eat "crunchy" things like chips. if I do eat I make sure they are the baked type not fried. I try my best to get my protein in but I am starting to get tired of protein shakes.

Is anyone else out there feel the same?

What is everyone doing for food?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/31/2013
    Surgeon
    DR STEVEN LIEBMAN
    Last Activity
    05-14-2014 03:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,410 Times

Default Re: Eating...

I am exactly 10 weeks post op today!
    Bad habits die hard! I vomitted a few times because I had forgotten that I am supposed to drink while eating, I was so thirsty.... Another time due to not chewing my food enough, I didn't vomitted the food, just "FOAM" and fluid, very unpleasant, I have learnt my lesson the hard way.
    For breakfast, I have a tub of 175g yougart (no fat and no added sugar) with a very small handful of blueberries for breakfast, it take me over half an hour to eat it. For lunch, I stick to protein shake for convenience. Like you, I like my chicken and seafood. For dinner, I will have some salmon sashimi and natural oysters or grilled a piece of chicken maryland with salad (this will last for 2 meals), we eat such small quanty so I always choose the best quality and luxury food. I have cooked some savory mince with vegetable and eat it in a lettuce cup (like San Choy Bow in Chinese restaurant), I make sure I cook the mince for a long time with stock so it is soft, then add finely diced celery, chilli and carrot to it for the last 10 minutes, quite delicious and you can make a big batch and freeze individul serving as well, very handy.
    I also love the crunchy sensation, I had a handful of raw almonds the other day and that really satisfied my craving, of course I ate one almond at a time and chewed it to paste, trust me, it took a long time to ingest 10 almonds. I used to consume 500gm in one sitting before sleeves, can't do it now....
    Wishing you happy eating and a healthy & slim 2014!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    10/31/2013
    Surgeon
    DR STEVEN LIEBMAN
    Last Activity
    05-14-2014 03:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,410 Times

I meant I was NOT supposed to drink while eating! :-)

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Carlin HFHS
    Last Activity
    02-13-2014 12:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

I'm 7 weeks post op. I can eat anything without problem and I'm one of the unfortunate few who still gets hunger pangs all the time. I quit drinking protein shakes after the first week and switched to Isorepure or Protein shots. Now I can pretty much get my protein thru regular food. I just make sure I keep my calorie count between 1000-12000 a day. And thats pretty easy to do given our auto portion control. I've only lost about 35 lbs but I'm okay with that. I need to work out more often to increase the weight loss during the next phase. My Fitness Pal is a great tool. Good luck.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    11/04/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hoehn
    Last Activity
    08-03-2017 07:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 120 Times in 108 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Bariatric Advantage has several high protein chips and snacks if you want something like that. They are kinda spicey, at least the pizza flavor was that I tried. But it gives you a choice.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Chief Rob's Avatar
    Name
    Rob
    Surgeon
    Dr. A. Ahmad
    Last Activity
    06-02-2016 04:44 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Thank you...

Name
    Heather
    Surgery date
    10/14/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr.Selim
    Last Activity
    06-08-2016 01:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 272 Times in 222 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 97 Times
    Blog Entries

I've developed a fixation with Chipolte carnitas, so I thought I'd try them at home. I have a pork loin roasting in the crock pot with Mexican spices, so we'll see how that turns out! I eat a lot of chili and other protein rich soup, keep turkey meatballs, (serve with pasta sauce and melted provolone) and cooked shrimp frozen and eat quest bars frequently. Roasted chick peas make a tasty snack and provide some protein. Cheese sticks and Greek yogurt are good. I get a sea salt soy crisp chip like thing in the health section of the grocery store that's not bad and also has some protein. May have to try a healthy home made version of the PF Chang's lettuce wrap when the pork is gone.

Don't worry about hurting my feelings because I guarantee you not one bit of my self esteem is tied up in your acceptance.