Last Activity
    02-09-2015 08:14 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 54 Times in 51 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 2 week stall

Hi everyone,

I am disappointed with myself. Dec. 23rd I weighed 204.8. I had set a goal of 200 for New Years. Then I sabotaged myself. I started eating chocolate, cookies, pringles, etc.......Everything that I had avoided for months. I started grazing after dinner and eating everything I shouldn't. The scale started to creep up and I got mad at myself even more. I had gotten back up to 207.4

I realized I wasn't as focused. I wasn't filling out my food diary everyday. I wasn't stepping on the scale every morning. I wasn't paying attention to what I was consuming and I stopped working out. I even stopped wearing my pedometer. In just 2 weeks I had completely gone back to my old habits.

Then it dawned on me. I must get back on the horse. This was not a true "stall". This was me not doing what I am supposed to do. I am now (3 days and counting) turning it around. I have been tracking my food intake focusing on proteins first, wearing my pedometer, using my treadmill, weights and bands.

As of this morning I have re-lost what I had gained plus .2lbs. I am now down to 204.6

I started this journey at 289. I have come a long way. I do not want to go back to where I was. I still have a ways to go. My goal is 160 lbs.

I will meet my goal, I will exercise, I will watch what I eat, I will log in my food diary daily, I will take a minimum of 10,000 steps everyday.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Carl Pesta
    Last Activity
    07-01-2014 07:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2 week stall

We all have setbacks! Good for you for getting back on the horse! Way to go!

Gastric Sleeve Member curvygalgettinsmaller's Avatar
    Surgeon
    Dr. James McGinty/St. Luke's/Roosevelt, NYC
    Last Activity
    07-27-2014 01:11 AM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

Congrats on pinpointing this! It is very hard but so important to be honest with ourselves and look at where we can be our own worst enemies! I am glad I came across this because I have started to get these negatives thoughts, making myself feel like I'm "missing out" because I couldn't have any cake or champagne on New Year's! It was very hard, I was with a bunch of naturally thin women and men that loved to eat and drink and I sat there with my herbal tea and a sugar free cookie. I should be so proud that I was able to do that (I had my surgery 3 days before Thanksgiving), so this was truly a different holiday season!! I see where your thoughts can be crucial to allowing you to succeed or setting yourself up for failure. So good for you, you are doing the right thing, and listening to that internal voice - thanks for the inspiration!!

Gastric Sleeve Member Island Girl's Avatar
    Name
    Rebecca
    Surgery date
    07/11/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 64 Times in 62 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,309 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing your motivation! The holidays are rough and we are all human! Happy New Year and keep up the great work!

Name
    Leann
    Surgery date
    04/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Emma Patterson
    Last Activity
    09-18-2016 03:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Was Thanked 154 Times in 143 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 323 Times

I am right with you there on the stall. I was eating Christmas Cookies like they were going out of style. We bake about 1500 cookies every year for friends and family that work (we are lucky to be retired). Well those freshly baked cookies were calling me everyday (even at a week old they are pretty darn good). Then on Christmas Eve I logged onto the forum and got involved in a discussion about stalls. For whatever reason it clicked and I was able to get back on track. I'm back to basics on food - protein and have increased my liquids. I'm also back on my exercise plan. I feel so good that it is hard to beleive that we let ourselves get off track.
    Best of luck to you in the new year. Get back to it you can do it!

Dec. 19, 2012 - 309 pounds
    April 10, 2013 - 266 pounds
    April 12, 2013 - 272 pounds (I gained 6 pounds after surgery but have been steadily losing since then)
    November 21, 2013 - 209 - 100 pounds lost!!!!!
    January 1, 2014 - 205 - down is down after the holidays
    January 30, 2014 - 199.4 - first time in the 100's in over 30 years!

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Joanne
    Surgery date
    08/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zeni
    Last Activity
    12-01-2015 08:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 42 Times in 41 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Congrats on recognizing that this was sabotage and not a stall. We all have set-backs, it is how we handle them that matters.
    Joanne