Surgeon
    Dr. Mehta
    Last Activity
    03-25-2020 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 560 Times
    Was Thanked 365 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default 6 week check up - I feel so different!

Hi everyone! I thought I would post an update on how different things have been over the past week. Last weekend, my husband and I went out twice and then to a very swanky hotel party on NYE where we got a suite for the night. I got to get dressed up for all of these events and it's the first time I've felt normal since my surgery. I actually felt pretty!
    I went for my 6 week check up Tuesday. Doc said I am doing great. He is concerned at the level of constipation I have been having. I tried to skip past it but my hubby brought it up when he realized I wasn't going to. Doc scolded me for trying to keep it from him. He prescribed suppositories, stool softeners, a laxative, and vitamin B shots I have to be given every week. Oh joy!
    I've lost 34 lbs since my first weigh in when I went in for my consult, 28 of that since surgery.
    I went back to work yesterday. That was weird! Nobody know what I had done but people did comment on my weight loss. I don't want anyone to know but I am sure they are going to start asking about it. I'm sure it's already in the rumor mill.
    So, in the past week I have progessed from a post op homebody back to a normal person and it feels great. I have been at a stall for a few weeks so I am hoping that will pass since I am back at work and active again. Overall I am very happy with my choice to do this. My next step is to find a way to incorporate exercise into my life. There is a gym in my office and I have a 24 hour fitness membership so I have NO excuse. I j6st yave to do it!
    So that's it. That's how I am doi g. Sorry for the ramble. So much has changed in just one week that has me really excited about my future.
    Thanks for all the great info and support I get from you guys. It has really helped me with this recovery from surgery.
    Have a great night!

You don’t have to be perfect. You just need to be better.

Revision stats:
    3/2/20 Pre-op: 197.5

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Joanne
    Surgery date
    08/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Zeni
    Last Activity
    12-01-2015 08:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 42 Times in 41 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 6 week check up - I feel so different!

Congrats on your progress! I'm just now experiencing the constipation, but from what I hear it is a normal side-effect of the surgery.
    Joanne

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Gregory Schroder
    Last Activity
    02-03-2014 09:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 6 week check up - I feel so different!

Congrats. Your doing great