Surgeon
    Dr. Taylor Barix Clinic
    Last Activity
    11-10-2014 11:30 AM
    Said "Thanks" 29 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default As i walk thru the valley of death, i fear..... oh wait that sucked

Had my Sleeve Monday dec 2 . So i have a high tolerance for pain but discomfort is my needle and Monday night into Tuesday the gas pressure pain sucked and also getting woken up every 5 minutes for tesst or breathing or walking lol. But i survived and was burping but not the other way and nurses were teasing me saying i would have to have a enema to release gas or stay there forever lol they funny. Ok got home about 8 at night Tuesday night all i had eaten was a few bites of jello and a orange pop sickle after swallow test. I am the only sleeve that went home this day. Wed morning was getting up and farted and i have to say it was one of the top ten moments in my life(reliving it right now starring at ceiling) . I could not deal with any of the whey tried 4 diff kinds so i have been making smoothies using yogurt skim milk and real fruit extract no sugar added to hit my protein goals but this morning as i right this i drank a ensure shake and wasn't that bad. My stomach is tight like i did to many crunches yesterday and of course if i cough or sneeze i swear like a sailor because the incision is still tender/sore. I am not gonna lie i had second guessed my decision Mon/Tues/wed but kept telling myself i had to do this and now i couldn't be happier. I just want to say again that all of you that read or post positive comments and insight are the key for fat people to let there guard down and accept a reality that they are not losers and just need a little help to be healthy..

Scott McLean

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member brightnessofhope's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/12/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Reynoso
    Said "Thanks" 297 Times
    Was Thanked 115 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 252 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: As i walk thru the valley of death, i fear..... oh wait that sucked

Hey- glad you made it through OK. Keep us posted on your progress!

Surgery Weight: 287

Gastric Sleeve Member Forestgalice's Avatar
    Name
    Lynette
    Surgery date
    10/21/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ahmad
    Last Activity
    01-11-2015 11:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times
    Blog Entries

you are doing well so soon after surgery, it does get easier, hang in, life is great!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Sharonda
    Surgery date
    12/03/2013
    Surgeon
    Joseph Strain
    Last Activity
    12-19-2020 10:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

I had my surgery on the 12/2 too. I am still on clear liquids. I am not allowed protein shakes until Wednesday. I can barely get in my liquids. You way ahead of me. I must doing something wrong. But congratulations! I hope everything keeps going smoothly for you