Dr Bollo
    Last Activity
    07-23-2016 09:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 33 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Daily Log

11/20/2013

Well I've decided to start posting daily about my progress so I can see where the progress as I continue along this journey. I also decided to do this because I stepped on the scale this morning and am still stuck...not worried about it as TOM is here, but would love to see these seven lbs go away.

My beginning weight was taken at my pre-op physical, I weighed 324lbs on October 16th. I had my surgery on October 30th and weighed in at 316. I had a few complications after surgery (while in hospital) but nothing to really worry myself about. The day after surgery I did 50 laps around our floor so I knew I was okay.

When TOM began this month I weighed in at 296 and have fluxed up and down since. I know this is not reflective of my true weight as I always gain water weight during this week + so no worries.

I am curious, however, how it is possible TOM or not that I am eating about 200 calories daily and not seeing the weight just fall off? I keep wondering if it will come or if this is going to be as much a struggle as it has been for the past two years to get the weight to budge. I guess only time will tell.

Well this is the kicking off point for this thread, just to say hello everybody I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Off to find exercise challenges!

12:57PM

Just came back from my first day back in the gym after being away for months. I only did one mile, but I figure it is a good start, my physician would like that to be 2 miles daily, I will slowly build up to that.

1.0 mile
    75 calories
    20 minutes exactly
    speed set at 3.2

I feel very very full today for some reason, I've not even finished 1/3 of my green shake, I've only had a sip or two of water, tummy does not hurt, just REALLY FULL not sure why but won't push liquids, listen to your body young lady!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Bollo
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times

Default Re: Daily Log

11/21/2013

Good morning all! Up early this morning, made my green shake

spinach
    celery
    cucumber
    2 scoops Strawberry Whey powder
    blueberries
    strawberries
    banana (1/2)
    flax seends
    gogi berries
    carrots

Have that ready to go. Went out and purchased Manhattan Clam Chowder (just to see if I could tolerate it) so I have that should I get hungry like I did yesterday at around 3PM, in a generally excellent mood, have a great day all!

More later

Name
    Barb P.
    Surgery date
    04/24/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bautista
    Last Activity
    02-11-2016 08:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 97 Times
    Blog Entries

It seems to me that your not getting enough calories in. At this point shouldn't you be up to like 500 calories a day, if not more? You should check with your NUT.

Surgery date
    10/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Bollo
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times

You are right, I have a nutcracker esophagus and EDS the combinatin does not allow me to eat as much (I'm very restricted), I'm still in the liquid phase, it will take me about twice the amount of time as normal people to heal.

Thank you so much for commenting! It is great to know there are people out there that actually care about complete strangers!

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Gastric Sleeve Member azladyrider's Avatar
    Name
    Sue Ashe
    Surgery date
    06/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 326 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

You are only eating 200 calories a day? You are starving your body and it knows it. Just because you had the sleeve your metabolism and body is still going to react to the low calories. Up the calories and let your body adjust.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member SDmom2two's Avatar
    Surgery date
    06/12/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Rumsey
    Last Activity
    02-11-2015 04:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

having been up and down my whole friggin life (note I am pre surgery) I know two things - 1) you DO have to eat enough, 2) your body has "plateaus" which when I was young and up and down in weight (of course then my "up" was around 180, and my "down" was around 130 ie the "good old days") really got to me. You will drop a LOT then not drop any as your body "re adjusts" then you will drop another bucket of weight. Those plateaus are the good news bad news as its also when your body kind of re-adjusts - the weight starts moving around which is good as you get thinner all over and in those horrible places ie arms, face, etc.

So YOU GO, good job and thanks for being a role model to us "pre ops"

Surgery date
    02/10/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alexander Barkan
    Last Activity
    05-01-2017 05:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 146 Times in 140 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,740 Times
    Blog Entries

Keep writing Dyson ~ totally enjoying reading your journey. Your shake sounds great! Def gonna try it

Every journey begins with one small step....

Surgery date
    10/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Bollo
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times

Quote Originally Posted by azladyrider View Post
    You are only eating 200 calories a day? You are starving your body and it knows it. Just because you had the sleeve your metabolism and body is still going to react to the low calories. Up the calories and let your body adjust.
    Maybe I was not clear, my stomach is still very swollen inside, I cannot eat at the same rate you are, I am very aware of my consumption and realize I need to up the calories, I am not going to 1) be in pain in order to up my calories 2) stretch my sleeve or tear it because I am trying to do too much too soon.

I'm not doing this solo, I have a nutritionist and my surgeon is still very much involved, but thank you for your concern, I am perfectly fine.

Surgery date
    10/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Bollo
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times

11/25/2013
    297 lbs

Would someone please tell me how to put the weight loss ticker on...thanks!

Good monring all! I tried eating again this weekend and was in SO MUCH PAIN, like stabbing pains front to back...still not ready to move from liquids to pureed/soft foods...this is okay as I know in time I will be able to move forward.

I have upped the nutritional value of my green shakes and love them, they now consist of

Spinach
    cucumbers
    carrots
    celery
    strawberries
    1/4 pear
    1 banana
    blueberries
    goji berries
    Whey powder (strawberry)
    Chia Seeds
    Spirulina
    Organic Maca Powder
    Organic Noni powder
    Almond milk
    Spring water

No questions that I am getting in my protein/nutrients daily, the calories are still low but the shake is filling, I consume 64 oz of this (three meals) and drink plenty of water throughout the day so I am staying hydrated. Feeling really good, refreshed, fit into a 1x this morning (jacket that I am wearing right now that I could not even get my arms in last year...lol) but the scale is still reading the same weight...I'm in the shrinking stage

Gastric Sleeve Member ohhappydays's Avatar
    Surgery date
    06/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Miles
    Last Activity
    02-18-2015 02:30 PM
    Said "Thanks" 46 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Up across the top in Blue it says these things.

Home
    Forums
    Blogs
    Groups
    Surgeries
    Member Map
    Ticker
    Quick Links

click on Ticker and follow what it says and customize.

Olivia

Surgery date
    10/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Bollo
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times

Thank you Olivia!

Surgery date
    02/10/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alexander Barkan
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Blog Entries

Dyson it sounds like you are getting what you need and at this point you need not put your self at risk by trying to eat something that won't go down or stay down. I do have a question for you.......goji berries Chia Seeds Spirulina Organic Maca Powder Organic Noni powder What are these and what can they do for you??? I wouldn't even begin to know where to buy them - but like yourself I'm into this smoothie thing and enjoy checking out new recipes.

Surgery date
    10/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Bollo
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times

Hi Stacy! This is a link to the site I purchase my different nutrients, put the name in the search bar and it will give you an ouline of what the product does, this is a great site Organic Noni Powder - Dried Fruit - Nuts.com, I'm a penny pincher so this is also the best site cost wise. I also use Acai berries in my smoothies, make sure you put at least 1/2 banana in as it makes the shake taste like a banana shake (that is if you like bananas) I'm backing off the entire banana as it makes the smoothie way too sweet for me. Let me know of your progress, do you have a log?

Surgery date
    02/10/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alexander Barkan
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Blog Entries

Well thank you for the great site! Once I figure out what to do with goji berries Chia Seeds Spirulina Organic Maca Powder Organic Noni powder I'll start ordering! You asked if I have a log.........I don't (should I???) I'm totally logless at this point lol I do however enjoy reading what you think and write. I haven't had my surgery yet so I'm still working on finishing up all the requirements for my doctors office and insurance company. Thankfully I'm on my last step with the sleep study and then I think (fingers and toes crossed) that I'll be ready to get a date for fate! Yay me

Thanks for sharing your site - before I began this journey smoothies and shakes weren't nearly as healthy as they are now. I've grown at this point to not be able to go a day without some sort of healthy green shake.

Well Dyson I'm off to walk my dog before this crazy storm they keep telling us is gonna hit - in the meantime continue writing - your thoughts and words matter

Surgery date
    10/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Bollo
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times

Stacy, thank you for the kind words, I have this log so that I can keep track of my progress, a year from now I will come back to page one to see where I started...it will allow me prospective. I love to hear what everybody has to say as well! This is really a wonderful board, so much excellent guidence, boy I wish I lived on Long Island with you, would go for that walk right along with you!

Good luck with the surgery, I would not turn back the clock for anything, the process leading up to the actual surgery is stressful, wil lI pass this test, will the shrink say I'm normal... boy I couldn't wait for it to be over with! I had no pain after surgery, though I've not healed very quickly (not the norm, I have EDS which prevents me from healing quickly no matter what). I wish you all the luck in the world!