Surgeon
    Dr Casillas
    Last Activity
    11-06-2011 07:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 30 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

Angry OMG the hair loss!!!

So I am almost 5 months post op and down 67 lbs. I did not have any hair loss the first 3 months and sadly did not take my protien intake seriously. Now these last two months I have been sheading like a dog in the summer. My hair was thin enough. I AM FREAKING OUT!!! My bang section is the thinnest. I can not run my fingers through my hair with out hair with folicles attached commin out with it. I have for the past 2 weeks finally taken the protein serious and am getting 110+ grams a day (Pure Protein 35 gram shake 3X's a day). I also have started taking two shots of Green Envy a day to help.
    I read somewhere it would stop the loss but so far has not. Anyone have any idea at all when I should star to see results?? Or have any other ideas besides Biotin, Green Envy and Pure Protein 35 shakes to get my hair to stop fallin out. AND DOES IT GROW BACK AFTR LOSS????
    Thanks!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/27/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Nicholson
    Last Activity
    11-29-2011 10:37 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times

Default Re: OMG the hair loss!!!

Hey there! I was worried about losing mine too since its also pretty thin. I asked my Dr and she said, it would grow back and in addition to multivitamins, protein, and biotin to try zinc. She said its a side effect of fast weight loss, but it should only be temporary. Hope that helps! Hang in there!

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Leslie
    Surgery date
    11/09/2010
    Surgeon
    Dr David Suh
    Last Activity
    04-12-2012 10:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 75 Times in 46 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 41 Times

Default Re: OMG the hair loss!!!

My hair fell out bad and I mean bad. It started at about 4 months and got intense for about 2 months. At I would say around 7 months it has slowed down alot and I have baby hairs sticking out all over my head. I do take biotin 5000 mcg's a day and thats helping with the regrowth. Hang in there it does slow down and it does grow back

You can find me on Facebook under Leslie Hurtado or ThtzMsPrincess2U
    Also my goal weight was 160 lbs but I'm now below goal and hopefully holding at 151 and not just in a stall

6. Said thanks: