Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    12-14-2013 02:20 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Looking for sleeve info with Dr Ariel Ortiz.

I know he has a lot of experience with the Band, but I am more interested in his working with the sleeve procedure. How did your flights workout. The dates I am looking at, the only departing flights are morning. Has anyone had someone stay the night at the hospital? I am looking at traveling with my daughter (13) and would not want her at the hotel without me. Any information would be appreciated.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Stacy'sSleevedLife's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Stacy
    Surgery date
    02/13/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Illan
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Was Thanked 384 Times in 331 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4,914 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for sleeve info with Dr Ariel Ortiz.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I can't give you detailed information about Dr. Ortiz because I had my surgery with Dr. Sergio Quinones in Tijuana. I went alone but I stayed 2 nights in my own private room in the hospital and then one night in a very nice and safe hotel in Tijuana. I felt very safe the whole time I was in Tijuana. I agree with you, if I was traveling with a 13 year old daughter I would want her with me.

Do your research until you find a surgeon your 100% comfortable with.

Good luck,

Stacy
    Follow my Weight Loss Journey on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW...JzJewHgnlCj-Pg

Banned
    Name
    Melanie
    Surgery date
    10/05/2012
    Surgeon
    Last Activity
    10-17-2016 08:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 195 Times
    Was Thanked 375 Times in 289 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

I had surgery with Dr. Quinones in TJ. The way that it worked at his office was you flew in in the morning, if you wanted to have same day surgery you had to fly in before a certain time...I want to say like before noon. Anyway, the staff driver picked me up, and took me straight to the surgical center. If you had a guest, they stayed in the surgical center with you, at no extra charge, and they also stayed at the hotel when you were released from the hospital, 2 days later, at no extra charge to you as well. I was sleeved Oct. 5 2012, paid $4,000 USD for my surgery, plus the money for my take home meds which were about 80 bucks. My fiance was supposed to go with me, but his passport got held up last minute, and was unable to, but that price included him staying with me had he gotten to make it down there. I understand you not wanting your daughter to be at the hotel alone, I am not sure which hotel your Dr. uses, but the one I stayed in was really nice, i never felt unsafe.

Surgery date
    12/20/2013
    Surgeon
    Ariel Ortiz & Arturo Martinez
    Said "Thanks" 699 Times
    Was Thanked 1,627 Times in 805 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    05/21/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ariel Ortiz
    Last Activity
    11-17-2013 09:30 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I had the Gastric Sleeve surgery with Dr. Ortiz, and let me start off by saying I would recommend him and his staff to anyone! They are so accommodating, they put me up at the Marriott, even the cab drivers were incredible. Yes, you will want to fly in the morning. They will have a driver pick you up in San Diego and take you across the border, straight to the hotel. He will then pick you up early the following morning and take you directly to the clinic. Yes, you will stay the night in the clinic, but you will go back to the hotel first thing the morning after your surgery. They walk you through every step, answer every question and are available via email or phone after you return to the states. Good luck, you wont regret this decision.

Julie

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member FormerlyKnownAsFatEmily's Avatar
    Name
    Emily
    Surgery date
    12/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ortiz
    Last Activity
    10-06-2014 06:19 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

I wouldn't recommend taking your daughter with you. You *really* can't be a parent and a surgery patient for about 2 days following surgery, as you will be in pain, sleepy, and drugged. I went with my mom and took care of her after her surgery years ago, but I was in my 20s. Your daughter is 13 and hospitals are boring; I shudder to think what would happen if your she wandered out of the hospital to explore while you were in surgery or sleeping. Honestly, if I were you, I would leave your daughter with a trusted friend or family member while you're in TJ.