09/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Watkins
    Last Activity
    09-19-2015 02:27 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times

Default All you can eat day is almost here... let's get our game faces on!!!

It's Halloween. Most us of are just happy to get through this day not eating or not over eating candy. But there is a bigger threat looming... Thanksgiving! The day where it is acceptable and expected that you eat until you can barely move from the dining table to the sofa to take a nap. The day when pre-sleevers will be told "you haven't had that thing done yet, go 'head and eat because you won't be able to soon." The day the newly sleeved will be looked at strangely for a having protein shake, or a small saucer of food instead of over indulging like everyone else. This day could potentially be extremely stressful, not only from what others will do, say, think but also from our own self talk. So let's be prepared. You know what stage you will be in the process by Thanksgiving so let's get those game faces on and plan this out so that we each can have successful day. Let's not over do it and end up in the bathroom vomiting because I pouch couldn't hold it all. Let's not eat something our pouch is not ready for and end up in the hospital! And then there is the emotional guilt of not making good choices. This is the first step in my plan: I am going to spend this week (or two) looking at what I CAN NOT do, so that I can feel and experience the emotions associated with having to deny myself. Once I get that settled or at least to a point where I can control myself, I am going to make a list of what I CAN DO. This will include what I can eat and activities I can do besides sitting around looking at food all day. I also know what family members may/may not say so I will be preparing myself for this. I generally give the verbal smack down when a family member says something that ticks me off. So if I'm prepared for it I don't have to let it upset me and can better deal with the moment. Bottom line, only I and only YOU are responsible for what we each do that day! Not our families/friends, not the food. But ME and YOU! The fact we are on this site means we've made a decision to take responsibility for our lives. So GAME FACE ON and let's do this thing!!!!!!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Ramos Kelly
    Last Activity
    04-18-2015 09:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 46 Times
    Was Thanked 419 Times in 405 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5,435 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: All you can eat day is almost here... let's get our game faces on!!!

What a smart post!! I hadn't even thought that far into the future yet!

I will likely stay home by myself and not do much of anything. May drive over to my son's school (3 1/2 hours one way) and consider checking into that wonderful Vietnamese restaurant we stopped at the night before my flight to Mexico. Will have to call him tonight and ask him what he wants to do.

Name
    Heather
    Surgery date
    10/14/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr.Selim
    Last Activity
    06-08-2016 01:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 272 Times in 222 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 97 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: All you can eat day is almost here... let's get our game faces on!!!

Not stressed about it really. Everyone that will be there knows I had the procedure which removes a ton of the stress for me. I'll be on mushies by then so I figure a bite of mashed potatoes, bite of green beans, not sure if I'll try to puree turkey with a little gravy or not... I'll probably be done after that, which is ok by me!

Don't worry about hurting my feelings because I guarantee you not one bit of my self esteem is tied up in your acceptance.

Name
    Missy
    Surgery date
    11/26/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Schram
    Last Activity
    04-26-2014 08:25 PM
    Said "Thanks" 63 Times
    Was Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,467 Times
    Blog Entries

Lol, I won't be participating in the all you can eat day as my surgery is the 26th of Nov. Now I have to wonder why I did that to myself. No pumpkin pie!! Oh well, Lord willing, I will be safe and sound recovering from surgery that day. But there will be another holiday that will test me soon after! Hopefully I will be on my soft foods by then! Good luck!

Gastric Sleeve Member healthier86's Avatar
    Surgery date
    09/16/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Scott Um
    Last Activity
    10-26-2018 06:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 96 Times in 95 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 267 Times
    Blog Entries

I am not worry about Thanksgiving I will measuring and eating within my calorie intake. Everyone in my home knows I have had surgery so no pressure there.

Starting weight: 207
    Day of surgery 9/16/13: 195
    Day released from hospital 9/18/13: 210
    First follow up appt. 9/24: 200
    Second post op appt. 10/1: 188
    Third post op appt. 11/12: 176
    Fourth post op appt: 2/20/14: 155

I can do all things through Christ who strengths me.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents