Surgery date
    07/10/2013
    Last Activity
    08-04-2014 09:48 PM
    Said "Thanks" 59 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default 3 months and 50 pounds later...

Actually it's more like 3 months and one week but I hit my 50 pounds this morning. It's such a rollercoaster...I typically lose between 1-4 pounds a week with a nice safe 2 being the average. I know it's 2 more than I would have done on my own and it slowly adds up but I guess I was hoping for a little more than non-surgery weight loss rates. Even just a consistent 3 would be nice. I thought since I was going nice and slow I wouldn't have hair problems but that hasn't been true. I'm so thankful to be blessed with thick hair because boy is it coming out now. One night after a shower I took my GIANT hairball that came out and started crying. I went to my fiance and said- 'Losing all this for TWO stinking pounds?!" It was a low moment and I'm doing better with it now. Most days.

I'm also struggling to see the difference in myself (which I think is a semi-common problem.) I'm feeling better and that makes me a little more confident but I just can't SEE it yet. We take pictures every month to keep track so I'm hoping next month will be when it hits me. I'm certainly happy with my journey and I LOVE shopping for smaller sizes, even if I don't feel like I should be in them. I also don't know what to do about exercise. I've been walking a lot- more that the doctor recommends- but that's about it. I kind of want to start strength and some hard core cardio but I'm scared. I know building muscle is a good thing but I'm just not ready for my actual numbers to slow down even more yet. My wedding is in 75 days! We're trying to figure out the dress situation this weekend. Wish we could have timed weight loss/wedding better but I wasn't willing to postpone either. I've been lucky in 'stalls' so far with my longest being a week and really hoping I stay lucky until then. Even if I'm not, I'm thrilled to at least be 50 pounds lighter and not considered 'morbidly obese' on my wedding day.

There's my 3 month update. As always, I hope everyone else is doing well. I know it's hard for me right now with all the pumpkin flavored goodness out there! (Thank goodness for the pumpkin yoplait light!)

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member St.Michael's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/01/2013
    Surgeon
    Robert Richard
    Last Activity
    07-18-2016 08:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 276 Times

Default Re: 3 months and 50 pounds later...

You sound like you are doing fabulous. Im sure you are going to look fantastic on your wedding. You have come a long way and it takes to time to adjust to any changes in our lives. Thanks for that super update.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member richsgirl2002's Avatar
    Name
    Vickie
    Surgery date
    09/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Farhan
    Last Activity
    03-26-2014 12:59 AM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 54 Times in 51 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Congrats on your weight loss. I understand the fear of hair loss. It will slow down over time. Good luck with your journey and your wedding.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/28/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Frank Veninga
    Last Activity
    05-26-2016 08:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 304 Times in 287 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 74 Times

I have to imagine the dress size is a serious challenge. Who knows what you will weigh the day you walk down the aisle? I guess you have to play Nostradamus and give it your best educated guess at the rate you will lose at over the next few months. Just err on the bigger side since you can always take it down a size but probably not so in the other direction.

8/14/13 - 279 Pre-Op
    8/28/13 - 265 Surgery
    9/28/13 - 235
    10/28/13 - 218
    11/28/13 - 209
    12/28/13 - 198
    01/16/14 - 195

Blood Sugar 140 with metformin before surgery, 80 with no meds after surgery
    Blood Pressure 145/90 before and 110/70 after