Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Aetna insurance in Colorado

Hello!

This Friday would have been my last appointment from my 6 months of nutritional counseling. I made the mistake of trusting the surgical coordinator and the information she provided me. It turns out that my insurance company, Aetna does not accept nutritional counseling supervised by a nutritionist. Only Dr supervised weight loss is accepted. Unfortunately Aetna is unable and unwilling to provide me with any contact information for this service.

My last two doctors won't provide this necessary counseling service and I'm having an incredibly difficult time locating someone who will. The new surgical coordinator is difficult to contact since she is busy cleaning up the mess left by her predecessor.

With that said, can anyone provide contact information for someone in Colorado Springs who can and will provide the nutritional counseling service? If I can't find someone soon, I might just go and have the surgery done in Mexico.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Daniel Huacuz
    Last Activity
    04-28-2014 01:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Aetna insurance in Colorado

Dear Jenny:

If I were you, I would say to heck with this and go to Mexico. I had my surgery in Mexico with Dr. Huacuz on August 27th and I have lost 4olbs so far. The doctors there do not require nutritional counseling. If they won't take your traditional insurance, you can apply for medical credit such as Care Credit. The surgery price averages about $4700. I've had several other procedures done in Mexico and I consider it safe and the doctors great.

Name
    Jenny
    Surgery date
    07/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm really considering my options at this time and am beginning to think Mexico might be the way to go. Would you mind sharing your experience with this surgeon? What are you doing for after care? If you are working, was your time off of work covered by short term disability?

Surgery date
    08/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Daniel Huacuz
    Last Activity
    04-28-2014 01:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Hi Jenny - My doctor is great. My surgery was on a Friday and I was supposed to be out on Monday. But I felt so good that he let me out on Sunday. I had taken Monday off and ran around running errands like nothing was wrong with me. I was on liquids for two weeks and then went to soft foods. I can only eat small amounts of food and I find I don't even crave sweets like I used to. I've has a lot of various cosmetic procedures in which I was laid up for weeks. I expected this would be no different. But, boy was I wrong. But I was also relieved to not have to worry about when I could go back to work. Here is my doctors phone number, if you want to call him. 619.270.5388 Let me know if you have anymore questions.