Dr Alejandro Lopez
    Last Activity
    05-01-2016 12:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 27 Times
    Blog Entries

Default I want to get a gastric sleeve

I CAN'T GET THE GASTRIC SLEEVE IN PENNSYLVANIA I DONT QUAILFY AND MY BMI IS A 35 . I DONT HAVE HYPERTENSION, SLEEP APNEA AND NOT A DIABETIC I WANT TO GO TO MEXICO BUT I HEARD OF A PROGRAM CALLED A LIGHTERME DR.LOPEZ OR A DOCTORSNAME DR RAMOS KELLY AND DR ALMANZA CAN SOME SOME HELP ME I DONT WANT TO GO TO STRIP MALL EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY ITS CLEAN. I RATHER GO TO A HOSPITAL. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Brennan Carmody
    Last Activity
    08-14-2014 10:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 109 Times in 105 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 778 Times

Default Re: I want to get a gastric sleeve

I've heard nothing but good things about surgery in Mexico. I've never heard anything about a strip mall. Not sure where you got that from. They might have the same BMI criteria which is a BMI over 40 with no co-morbidities.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    09/23/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Joya
    Last Activity
    10-10-2013 10:52 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hi
    I just got back from Puerto Vallarta where I had Gastric Sleeve surgery with Dr Joya. It was done in the Amerimed Hospital and I can honestly say it was a wonderful experience. My surgery was on Sept 23rd and I was up walking the halls the next day. You can look up Drjoya.com to get all the information, Gerald is his coordinator and is wonderful, he organizes and books everything & can answer any questions you might have. The hospital, the hotel and the care are fabulous. If I can give you anymore info, please feel free to ask. Gook Luck, you won't be sorry if you use Dr Joya

Gastric Sleeve Member Shirleybird's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/11/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-31-2015 03:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 17 Times
    Was Thanked 58 Times in 56 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 98 Times
    Blog Entries

There is a lot of people that have been to the Jerusalem hospital in Mexico. I will be there in 8 days and have investigated it thoroughly. It is in a strip mall , but very clean and all the equipment that you would find in a traditional hospital. No matter where the hospital is or what it looks like, if it does the same job, then It is a hospital. Mexico is a very poor country and you can't expect a big building that looks like what we are used to in our very rich countries. It is only a building. Good luck and I hope this easies your mind, Shirley

Surgery date
    11/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alejandro Lopez
    Said "Thanks" 114 Times
    Was Thanked 213 Times in 187 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 108 Times

Check with the many bariatric companies you can find on an internet search, the coordinators will tell you if the doctor operates in a surgical center or a hospital. I know Dr. Kelly is scheduling on his own now, and he operates at Nova Hospital / his patients stay there after the surgery. I spoke to coordinators at 5 different companies, I think some of them will talk dirt about surgeons who no longer work with them. I got an earful from coordinators at 2 different companies - I really feel like they were willing to say anything to steer you toward one of their doctors. If you want, PM me I can give you an email address or phone number for Dr. Kelly's scheduler, Lara who can answer your questions.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Dee
    Surgery date
    09/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Ramos-Kelly
    Last Activity
    06-24-2015 04:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times

I had surgery in Mexico two weeks ago (Dr. Ramos Kelly at Hospital Nova) - had an awesome experience. . . hospital older, but super clean. Had a private room and almost a private nurse - there were 4 patients on our floor with 3 nurses. . . Dr. Kelly is a wonderful physician and surgeon. . . spent two days in the hospital; then to a 4 star hotel for 2 days; I was up running around and shopping when we got to the hotel. Not in any pain - the procedure itself was like a 3 on a scale of 1-10. . . I've had a very easy time of it. . .