Things are going great!! this whole process is way easier than i expected. I had alot of gas pain in my back the first few days especially after the surgery that pain over rode my surgery pain by a mile!! walking was a great relief from it! I also had a hard time drinking plain water?? go figure? day 4, i could drink water fairly normally, ice chips were never a problem though. i have not taken any pain meds since I've been home, my stomach just feels like a had a hard ab workout! I stopped taking stomach spasm meds yesterday!
my biggest issue is getting in the proper amount of fluids that my dr wants. he wants 80-100 of fluid and 90 grams of protein. i hate protein shakes and powders, so im having a hard time with that, Even before the surgery my protein intake was around 40 grams a day. Knowing that i was going to have a hard time with the drinks, the week before surgery i keep a journal of my fluid and protein intake to use as a reference point, this has really helped me know what is normal for me. so today i have exceeded my pre surgery intake and im happy with that! I will continue to push it but im not going to loose sleep over not hitting my numbers.
a great protein shake and about the only one that i can easily consume is:

recommended vanilla protein powder
4 ounces of orange juice
4 ounces of water
4 ounces of ice and blend
its delicious
consuming it all gives me 12 ounces of liquid and 27 grams of protein!!
I hope you all enjoy it and good luck