Surgeon
    Robert Michaelson
    Last Activity
    02-22-2015 04:56 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default New, looking for info on self pay with surgeon in Seattle area

I've been lurking and getting as much info as I could for the last 14 months. My husband was totally against the idea of surgery but he has just recently come around as I continue to share stories from this site. Our insurance excludes weight loss surgery so I will have to take out a loan to self-pay. Anyone with any info on Seattle area surgeons would be helpful. I am scheduled for a seminar in October with Dr. Srikanth at St. Francis in Federal Way?

I am not willing to go to Mexico so please no replies with that solution. Also any info or advice on being self pay in general would be great. A little worried about if there are complications that insurance won't pay for those too. So thankful for all the posts I've been reading on this site, the good and the bad. Definitely helps in making a decision for surgery.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/18/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Emma Patterson
    Last Activity
    09-25-2013 04:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: New, looking for info on self pay with surgeon in Seattle area

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeveless in Seattle View Post
    I've been lurking and getting as much info as I could for the last 14 months. My husband was totally against the idea of surgery but he has just recently come around as I continue to share stories from this site. Our insurance excludes weight loss surgery so I will have to take out a loan to self-pay. Anyone with any info on Seattle area surgeons would be helpful. I am scheduled for a seminar in October with Dr. Srikanth at St. Francis in Federal Way?

I am not willing to go to Mexico so please no replies with that solution. Also any info or advice on being self pay in general would be great. A little worried about if there are complications that insurance won't pay for those too. So thankful for all the posts I've been reading on this site, the good and the bad. Definitely helps in making a decision for surgery.
    I privately paid at Oregon Weight Loss Surgery for $28,855.54. I financed the whole thing.

Surgery date
    06/07/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Shillingford
    Last Activity
    05-02-2016 06:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 175 Times
    Was Thanked 291 Times in 272 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 250 Times

You might consider flying to another state. Mine was $10,500 in Boca Raton, Florida. There is a great hotel you can get for about $75 a night for your husband. The surgeon I used is fantastic and the cost is all inclusive. I know of several people who used him and he has done a great job with all of us. Good luck with finding a surgeon!

Gastric Sleeve Member reading mom's Avatar
    Surgery date
    05/28/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr Borland
    Last Activity
    02-25-2015 06:40 AM
    Said "Thanks" 123 Times
    Was Thanked 218 Times in 210 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,641 Times

I also did self pay in a small town just outside Lafayette Louisiana and I paid 9800. I also did pay for some preop tests. You probably want to google your state and sleeve and see what comes up. One of the reservations I had about Mexico is my follow up care. So I understand the desire to stay local. I do have an hour drive to see my surgeon, but I don't mind. Also I know he is a phone call or email away. Knowing what's available in other parts of the country may help you negotiate a cash price with a local Dr you like. Or like Keli suggested you may want to visit another state. Wishing you all the best!

Gastric Sleeve Member richsgirl2002's Avatar
    Name
    Vickie
    Surgery date
    09/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Farhan
    Last Activity
    03-26-2014 12:59 AM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 54 Times in 51 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Hello, I am not from the Seattle area but I wanted to welcome you to the forum!!!!!!!!

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents